season ticket prices | Vital Football

season ticket prices

Jimsmithswig

Vital Squad Member
out now but didn't understand the os

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/201314-Season-Tickets-Up-To-Nine-Games-Free-4367.aspx?

News has a summary as well

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-unveil-new-ticket-prices-for-next-season-1-5048466

alot of spin, bottom line gone up?

An awful lot of spin.

Can't agree with Mike Hall (job for the boys there it seems!) that this is 'revolutionising' season tickets.

Previously we had one price, with a discount for buying early (early bird), discount for renewing a season ticket & a charge for using a credit card. Errr, that's what we have now.

Is there one price for the whole ground? Did I miss something?

I think prices appear to be constant (which is fine).

No unhappy, not impressed, just in-line with what I expected really.

Having followed the flow chart and used son of's fingers and toes i think i will pay £300 (£1 more) and son of the same £75.

also can't see if we have a date to renew to keep our seats

technically i will pay £1 more than last season, as i have not taken up my option to do a share and do not think i will be able too either...

about what i expected, but had thought it might be alittle cheaper.

cut through the spin and it is just the usual early bird, but with the added bonus of the club benefiting (which is good) if people cannot meet criteria to save the extra £20 on offer for each one.

got to admit i am not as convinced that we will get as many new take-ups on ST as i had hoped we would, these qualifying critera are not going to apply for all so some might do well to get one as cheap as £320 - and will they pay that, going to the club or not?

it is a tough balancing act, with the REAL bonus being ALL the money goes to the club of course!

i, like Tim, am neither happy or unhappy as far as my own pricing goes but i am a little concerned that the pricing might not be as much of a bargain to some as they might have hoped and therefore might opt against a ST and just pick and choose the odd game - of course if we are flying next season then at £20 a pop per game the club could be laughing.

I think the prices are quite reasonable!

It might be worth having a little comparison at the prices in Div 2 last season:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

and some of the more general headlines:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19813899

Made interesting reading

to be fair, as I said on another thread, I was expecting to pay more.....but reasonably happy to be paying £300 for a ticket :35:

I paid £299 last year not knowing if there would even be a team to support. I knew the football would be fairly dire and that players would come and go like a brothel on pay day.

The most encouraging thing is that the youngsters are being tempted back and if that means I have to subsidise that by maybe paying £10 or £20 more a season then I'm happy with that.

Think the only criticism I would have is that there doesn't appear to be a reduction for a young person say 17-21.

I think it is all fairly reasonable, and seems a lot better knowing that none of it will finish up in B.C.s pocket. :1:

again, i will say that i am NOT unhappy with the ST prices - they are pretty good but considering all the talk that was given i cannot, hand on heart, say they are as 'out of this world' as they were said they would be - and, as others have also said, the approach isnt revolutionary as claimed.

i think that the PST might have missed a trick by maybe not making them £5 or £10 cheaper, just so they genuinely were (putting the £20 discount for being a shareholder) cheaper than last season - but what they could have done with that £5 or £10 cheaper amount is have offered the option to pay that amount anyway, giving a sort of ST community share type theme...

i stand by my thoughts that i worry a bigger intake of new ST that was hoped for might not come? with £300-£320, £320 if the person is not a renewer from the past 3-years or a shareholder, could well seem quite alot for a returnee, or new ST holder - money going to the club or not - but HOPE i am wrong!

the BIGGEST BONUS, again as said, is of course that ALL of the money is now going to the club and hopefully we can bring in plenty of it!

whatever, i know i will be renewing.

Like you Rug I think maybe the general talk of season ticket prices being this that or the other was a bit over the top

I do think though anyone who feels £13 odd per game is to much probably never had any real intention of coming back anyway. Especially when the cost can be spread over 11 months.

Kind of related to this but is there talk of the Blue Army membership coming back? I'd definetly buy into it, particularly if the ticket priority is equal to season ticket holders.
My biggest worry for next season is not being able to get tickets in the away end for the Exeter game! Given my house is 50 yards from the stadium, that would really really hurt!

not sure if a membership will return, altho would be surprised if it did not tbh - definite benefits for all to be had from doing this. if they do i am not convinced that it would offer 'equality' to ST holders, but would not be far off...

as for exeter, i think alot depends on when it is - if it is midweek you will get a ticket fine. if it is a less wintery month on a weekend i think more will go, but lets face it exeter have been faced many a time over the years so its not going to be a 'must do' for some. to a degree same applies to torquay, whereas plymouth will be easy for ALL who want to go!

that said, it also depends how we are doing, obviously if we are winning every week everyone will want to go.

plymouth, torquay and exeter will be dead certs for me to do. what an hours train journey is about the max i would be looking at for plymouth, 45-mins for torquay and as little as 20-minutes straight to st james park!

do keep in touch Jake, as if you fancy bristol rovers i am sure a place in Ken's car could be possible.

Sounds good Rug! I'm hoping to make all the devon games and hopefully Bristol Rovers. Just have to wait for the fixtures to be announced to make arrangements! Its certainly worked out well for us devon residents!

Interestingly, I've just seen that Micah Hall is introducing a "loyalty points system". http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=589:interview-with-pompey-ceo-mark-catlin&catid=1:latest-news
Wil be interesting to see how that works!