scummers stuff us | Vital Football

scummers stuff us

Didn't know about the trouble and not surprised we lost but the magnitude of the defeat did surprise me .. Still it might do some good in the long run as those involved (including Whatmough and Tarbuck) might realise that there is a lot of growing t do to even step up to premiership academy standards .... Trouncings are also common in this cup we won 10-0 the round before last...

But 7-0 v scummers OUCH !

To be fair as much as I hate to admit it they do have one of the best (or at least better) academies in the country, you just have to look at the players they've churned out in the last 5 years or so; Walcott, Oxe, Shaw, Lallana, Ward-Prowse etc etc...

They're are all playing in the upper ends of the premier league so there shouldn't really be any shame in it, just something for our academy to aspire to!

We have always been & sadly this proves the case so far behind them in youth academy. Even when they were going backwards & we were top 8 in the prem, we never had much coming through. Be grateful to our keeper it was only seven.

Big wow. Club who chucks lots of external cash at youth academy beat team who depends upon internally generated cash.

Wouldn't it be great if all clubs had to depend on internally generated cash & not have unfair competition?

Ahead of this game I said that the winner of this game wasnt neccessarily the better side at academy level but lets face it Scum do trump us at such a level...

Seems that the players really froze on the night, but hey ho if its a game that wanted to be used by either as 'bragging rights' then so be it.

Yep, all meetings are important but I 4-1 will never forget 1-4 all lol!