Scally?s in depth thoughts on sport science | Page 2 | Vital Football

Scally?s in depth thoughts on sport science

Scally wont commit to anything that puts the stability of the club at risk.

The whole economy is unstable at the moment with no one knowing what will happen worldwide or Brexit.

Agree with the level of money in the Championship but its the same our our league with Blackburn, Wigan and Sheffield all rich clubs compared with us and it looks like Sunderland will be dropping into our league next season - money does not breed success.

Much rather have stability than a risk we may not survive.

Wow! That's the first time I've ever seen the words "Scally" and "in-depth thoughts" in the same sentence!
:3:

I think Waldo nailed it with the journalist has stitched together a few comments to make this story.

At least I hope so. Otherwise the comment "One minute they were quite close, they would have been good partners, then I got a call saying they had a meeting, they saw our position and didn?t want to have a League 2 side.They haven?t been back in touch since and I wonder what they are thinking now when they look at the table" is a bit worrying.

If Scally was serious about them as investors you think he would chase them up and informed that we have Steve "Lazarus" Lovell in charge now.

I am sure his comment was bit tongue in cheek - although, again, at least I hope it was.

Some people have made great successes of new stadiums e.g. Brighton and Swansea. Others haven't e.g. Darlington.

Who knows what we would do, but I suspect I will never find out.

I do agree that we need to ensure that we own the ground though, losing control of that and paying rent gets you into all sorts of trouble e.g. Coventry and Walsall.

It would be nice to see Medway Council help out but to be honest unless we can spin some Charles Dickens connection they aren't that interested. The least they could do they is not try and block it.

A decent arena with a successful sports team has to be good for the local area whether people are supporters or not.