Rumour - Dan James move edging closer | Vital Football

Rumour - Dan James move edging closer

eye_nose_hat

Vital Squad Member
Reliable source tells me that this is getting serious now, not quite bags packed and he's saying his goodbyes but very much on the cards.

It just needs sorting out between the 2 clubs, no idea of fees but Leeds want it to happen and James will surely jump at the chance.

If he goes the hedge fund owners will be pressing the self destruct button.
The greedy barstewards do not need to sell him, only to line their own pockets.
This club is nothing without the fans as the owners will find out soon enough, this will be the final straw for most.
I don’t think the overpaid mouthpiece Pearlman and his band of tight fisted 28 money grabbers realise that selling the Crown Jewels, our best young talent, will cause uproar and I predict the repercussions will be massive.
There is a risk that Potter will walk away.

Pearlman a few days ago -
“The Swans do not need to make panic sales and there is unquestionable optimism about the future of the club".

Kaplan last September -
“There will be more hard medicine to take but we want to build around our young guys. If you look at what we’ve done, we’ve kept our young guys and that’s where our focus is going to be."

Some of the Press are now saying that a £1million loan deal has been agreed for James with just an option to buy at the end of the season in a deal that could be worth £10million, or they could say forget it and return him in May!
They say he wants to go, which is contrary to what he’s been saying previously.
If this is true you’ve got to laugh, or you would cry, at the ineptitude of Jenkins’ negotiating skills agreeing that silly amount and on those terms, for our brightest young star and the Crown Jewels.
We are the laughing stock of the football world with these clowns in charge.

Last edited:
Potter this afternoon -
"It’s fair to say I understand the supporters’ concern, anger or frustration, whatever feelings can come of the rumours.
I’ve had the same feelings myself over a period of time, I made the decision to come here in the summer, to this great club, and I still think it’s a fantastic football club.
We’ve all had those feelings because of how the PL relegation affected us, but the reality of my situation is I’m employed here to do as good a job as I can with the situation we have”.

James having a medical according to SSN.
Looks as if we are desperate to help one of our rivals get promotion by giving our best young player to them.
Let’s applaud our inept Board and owners on a job well done.

The truth will out eventually.
This window will be remembered for a long time after James’ transfer to Leeds was cancelled at the very last minute.

Dan James’ agent, David Manasseh -
“Swansea made no attempt to keep the player and at the first sign of money they couldn’t show him the door quickly enough. It is very disappointing but the player is philosophical about it.”

So what is clear from this is that every player here is up for sale for whatever price the hedge funders can get.
Never mind that we were only 5 points away from a play-off spot, never mind that we were in the last 16 of the FA Cup, the Yanks wanted the money.
Absolutely no thought for this club or the effect it’s having on the players, the manager or the city itself as they continue their greedy purge in their lust for ill gotten gain.

We are now minus three players, and two unhappy players because their moves fell through, and the rest of the squad on tenterhooks wondering if they are next to go.
Total of 19 players moved on since we were relegated.

We have a Chairman who has to have a bodyguard. He is afraid to show his face on match days and has to hide from angry fans by watching through the top floor window of a hospitality box. Why? because he sold out to hedge funders without due diligence and without telling the Supporters Trust, who were and still are 21% share owners.
We have the majority share owners who are petrified to come over from the States and face the music whilst they continue to rape our club of assets.

I hope the fans pull together, embarass them all with our protests, and force them out.

Last edited:
“Swansea strongly refute the claims made by James' agent and have expressed their disappointment at his comments.”

John Hartson tweeted-
“Feel for every Swansea city fan.. how can you possibly move forward when you keep selling and not investing.”

Swansea will offer Daniel James new contract in wake of collapsed Leeds transfer. Its understood Swansea pulled out at 10:30 last night after discussions between club's hierarchy. Leeds had renegotiated terms of transfer once, then tried to defer initial payment on £10m deal.

Reliably informed again that Jenkins had to step in at the last hour or so - things were going to kick off. Had to keep certain key people at the club happy if you know what I mean.

Jenkins, as a result, has resigned before being pushed out. Things will get a lot worse before they get better but hopefully that will happen a bit sooner now.

Well we have to give HJ some credit then in all this by putting his job on the line and vetoing the James and Fer transfers.
I guess Potter would have resigned if they’d both gone as they were making his job untenable.
The idea of shipping out five players from an already threadbare squad was madness and gross negligence of duty as responsible owners.
So Huw has gone, after disobeying orders, and the club are now in turmoil because of these crazy owners, who have absolutely no idea how to run a football club.