RUFC - Club Issue Statement After Saturday | Vital Football

RUFC - Club Issue Statement After Saturday

G

Statement regarding 'despicable scenes' on Saturday

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?390781">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

From the statement 'We were aware that a section of Millwall supporters were planning on attending this game intent on causing disorder.'

Yet they still put extra seats on sale for Rotherham fans in the area 'next' to those so called fans?

I'm shaking my head here

Not surprised Caz, football long ago old its soul to the devil. Look at Qatar getting the World Cup, lower league/ non league clubs struggling while the fat cats get fatter, the farcical rolling around before jumping up to confront an oppo player, and match reports that focus on managers moaning about the officials rather than match reports themselves
Admittedly I'm an old timer but I just want my football back ! I have no problem with shiny stadiums because some of the old grounds were literally death traps and don't mind paying a decent price to get in but not just so a pampered player can earn an extra £30 grand a week on top of an already inflated wage. I don't blame the players for the wages they get as anyone would accept that money if they could but clubs could knock prices down and still pay the players well

They certainly could Pukka.

There was something on Twitter or Facebook or some such thing a few weeks ago where you put your wage into a ready reckoner thing and it compared them with those of Cristiano Ronaldo - most people would have to work 18 hours a day until they were well in their nineties to earn what he does in a season.

It is terrible what wages they get - but then again, look at all the people they entertain.

As for the referees - that's why the managers moan and groan so much because it means such a lot, money wise to the clubs

Some of the games I've seen this season I think entertain could be stretching it a bit Caz :-) Off to Orient v Barnsley in a couple of weeks as well so it may get worse. Still, I get to see the Millers when you come to Fulham in April

At least with Rotherham, Pukka, even if the football's poor you can always watch Steve Evans steaming up and down the touchline!