Roughest City Match You Have Seen? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Roughest City Match You Have Seen?

frightening......but you’re a Spartan!
But seriously,was that the game where they wrecked the old partition fence on the West Bank to try to get into our section?
I was in town that morning at 08.00 hrs and I witnessed trouble then. I was locked in the toilet cubicle next door to Doreen’s food outlet so missed any of the trouble. Didn’t come out till an hour after the game.

If we're talking off the pitch, for me the Final vs Millwall was the worst I've seen at Sincil Bank. Just a complete bunch of thugs, the lot of them.

yes that was a wild night both on and off the pitch is it an urban myth or did some of the Millwall fans get the first train out of London in the morning and by mid afternoon all the police cells in Lincoln were full of them?

Any game involving Sam Ellis & Percy Freeman - legends !
Early in Percy's first season, he was clattered hard(Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris hard) early in a game by his marker. His reputation already was such that most of us spent the next few minutes watching him as much as the ball. We didn't have to wait long to see his marker 'mysteriously' go down miles away from the ball, which only the ref seemed to be watching, and big Perce was a picture of innocence while the defender received treatment.

I was at Exeter once upon a time when big John knocked the Exeter centre half out. I’m sure we won 3-0 as well. Didn’t get home to god knows that night. Awful long trip

As the theme is moving slightly from rough games to hard men, I seem to recall Terry Branston (I think) taking a shot full in the face, the rebound then laid out one of the opposition players. 'Ard Terry one of those to check out the lad was ok while everyone else fell about laughing.