Rose has surgery | Vital Football

Rose has surgery

Good player but injury prone, as I've said because of this, I'd sooner lose Rose than Walker.

Spesh-Spur - 16/5/2017 17:57

Big Chiv - 16/5/2017 17:37

Good player but injury prone, as I've said because of this, I'd sooner lose Rose than Walker.

One is a LB, the other a RB.
No comparison.

One is a RB that always seems fit, the other is a LB that is always injured, if one has to go , which should it be hmmm ?

Walker was out for quite a period but it's an interesting question. How long can Walker go on without injuries creeping in ?

He does demand a lot from his body. As does Rose.

Nick Real Deal - 16/5/2017 18:56

Walker was out for quite a period but it's an interesting question. How long can Walker go on without injuries creeping in ?

He does demand a lot from his body. As does Rose.

Don't forget that the groin injury Walker had was as serious as it could get and for a good while looked to a few as a career threatening injury - he relies heavily on his pace, groin/stomach injuries can quickly impede that and not many here seem to recall how poor his first 5 yards of pace were for a goodly while after that - in fact there are a few who time these things and swear his pace this season has slowed...

Nick Real Deal - 16/5/2017 18:56

A lot longer than Rose, has Rose ever completed a season without a massive chunk out injured ?

That record isn't going to improve as he gets older, he's 27 now and so it's only going one way as far as injuries are concerned.

Rose will be back next season. Sessegnon will be ready within a season if he gets game time at a prem team.

Loan him out for the year then he will be ready for the following season. Davies ain't a bad alternative either.

Stick the boot in why don't you, Big Chiv. I'm hoping this surgery sorts his knee out exploratory or not. As for who's better...I'd take Rose any day of the week...but that's just me. BTW BigChiv, who would you like to see hold down that LB spot (as you've crapped on the Sessegnon idea (too young? and Rose is getting on a bit, or so it seemed you were implying)...anyway, just curious.

Rose is miles ahead of Walker. He actually has a footballing brain, he doesn't just rely on his pace and stamina to bail him out of trouble.

Rose >>> Walker but his injuries are a worry.

Feel the team shape is effected more by him being out than it is by Walker being out, although both offer the only real pace and width we have.

Interesting what you say Ex, I've thought a couple of times this season that Walker's acceleration didn't look amazing. I for one hope they both stay and stay fully fit, we're a far better team with them in than without.