Robert Chase | Vital Football

Robert Chase

Nor did I until someone just told me.
Club must surely have a tribute on Sunday.
Not on the web site.
RIP

I know he was not popular at the time but with him I have seen Norwich top the premier, finish third, get to 2 fa cup semis and seen Norwich win in Munich and play 3 games at home in Europe.
Under Smiffs I have seen us relegated to league 1.

Last edited:
At least Robert Chase knew when it was time to give up ,sell his shares and walk away . Take note Smiff

RIP

Last edited:
He was eventually hated by the fans and driven out in 1996, protests galore...He sold all of our silverware and relegation followed.
Between 1992 and January 1995, Norwich disposed of several key attacking players: Robert Fleck (for £2.1 million), Ruel Fox (for £2.25 million), Chris Sutton (for £5 million), Efan Ekoku (£0.9 million) and Mark Robins (£1 million)
Our manager martin O` Neil walked out on us at Leicester away, after disputes with Chase, especially over the purchase of Dean Windass that O`Neill wanted.

I saw the announcement on the website. Like many major shareholders of football clubs, Chase was a mixed bag. He oversaw some of the greatest periods in our history only to throw it all away letting ambition outweigh sound economic management.

I suspect Delia's much vilified policy of financial prudence was coloured by what she inherited.

I was at Charlton the day we went down to league 1 after sacking a manager way too late again. Smiffs were responsible for that.
They let a long standing Norwich cult hero take the blame.
They have sold every good player we have ever had ( except Hucks who made it clear he would not leave ).
The sum of that income and a few years of premier league cash is zero. The financial prudence is now a £ 40 million loan covered by the promotion that we are not likely to achieve.
The Smiffs have no ambition and their sound economic management
has resulted in having no money, no players left to sell for decent amounts and a ground that still does not have adequate capacity for the fans that want to watch most games.
No problem we will soon have the best Training ground in league 1.

I was at Charlton the day we went down to league 1 after sacking a manager way too late again. Smiffs were responsible for that.
They let a long standing Norwich cult hero take the blame.
They have sold every good player we have ever had ( except Hucks who made it clear he would not leave ).
The sum of that income and a few years of premier league cash is zero. The financial prudence is now a £ 40 million loan covered by the promotion that we are not likely to achieve.
The Smiffs have no ambition and their sound economic management
has resulted in having no money, no players left to sell for decent amounts and a ground that still does not have adequate capacity for the fans that want to watch most games.
No problem we will soon have the best Training ground in league 1.
The way they let their darling roeder treat Huck's too was terrible. They must have know that roeder was wanting him gone and that he wasn't going to let him say goodbye. They should have stepped in.

The way they let their darling roeder treat Huck's too was terrible. They must have know that roeder was wanting him gone and that he wasn't going to let him say goodbye. They should have stepped in.

They are gutless. Hide behind a series of losers who they put in control
who employ manager's they befriend and will not fire until too late as they want to be friends with them.

Most folk did from what I could see …..I guess it was a mark of respect of a passing . In the same way , I detest the Smiffs but would respect their passing

Our manager martin O` Neil walked out on us at Leicester away, after disputes with Chase, especially over the purchase of Dean Windass that O`Neill wanted.

After Martin O'neill had been given £1m to spend and spent it on Rush £300,000 and Fleck £650,000. Fleck scored goals for half a season and then dried up for two and half seasons.

O'Neill on sky today and totally ignored the fact he had managed us went through all his managing jobs we were not mentioned

He was keen to mention us on the pink-un and such when he was peddling his book.
Exactly. On SKY they/he literally jumped over his time with us. Said started at Wycombe and won trophies then went onto his next role at Leicester, Celtic, Villa, Sunderland, Ireland and Forest - they even mentioned his short time at Forest (I guess as it was because the forest game was on)

It might be that Martin O'Neill has NDA.(non disclosure agreement) regarding his departure from NCFC., so he has to be careful about what does or does not say about his time at NCFC.