RIP Stephen Sutton | Vital Football

RIP Stephen Sutton

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
Stephen deserves more than just a mention in the RIP topic. Found myself with tears running down my face when I read of his passing

Teenager Stephen Sutton, who raised more than £3m for charity after his bucket list went viral on the internet, has died after losing his cancer battle.

Writing on his Facebook page, his mother wrote: "My heart is bursting with pride but breaking with pain for my courageous, selfless, inspirational son who passed away peacefully in his sleep in the early hours of this morning, Wednesday 14th May.

"The ongoing support and outpouring of love for Stephen will help greatly at this difficult time, in the same way as it helped Stephen throughout his journey.

"We all know he will never be forgotten, his spirit will live on, in all that he achieved and shared with so many."

Cont: http://news.sky.com/story/1261399/charity-fund-raiser-stephen-sutton-dies

That lad has achieved more in his 19 years than most of us do in a lifetime.
R.I.P. an inspirational human being.

Too right KK the lad was absolutely amazing I'm not easily upset but this kid has gutted me today his poor mother must be totally crushed.

Terrible news.

I was lucky enough to meet him about 4 weeks ago (he went to School with my Niece). I'm not usually moved that easily, but he had a real charisma.

My thoughts go out to his family.

No Mom, parent should have to bury/cremate their child. it is not the right order of things. I can't imagine the Mom's pain especially. I hope I am always only left to imagine.

Of all the extreme things that have happened in my life, and it has been 1 hell of a story, I have never had to go to my child funeral. I hope that is 1 part of my story I will never write.

The nearest I can come to it, is when we nearly lost my 2nd son 2 and a half years ago, with his massive suicide attempt where he damn well nearly succeeded. It was only then we finally got the diagnosis of bi polar.

That was scary and frightening enough and the nearest I ever want to come to the feeling of losing a child.

Stephen has iron said has left a legacy which is amazing

RIP to the guy, He showed real character in the face of death.

For me it puts things into perspective. I am young at 30 but I have been lucky enough to have 11 more years of life than him. Makes me appreciate living this long, it's not guaranteed.

I started following his story from here in the States. What a true inspiration. I shed more than a few tears over this, and I consider them well spent.

Inspirational young man. We lost a friend to cancer earlier this year who was only my age (31) - always seems that bit more wrong and unfair when it's someone so young.

R.I.P. Stephen Sutton.

villabrownie - 15/5/2014 01:54

I started following his story from here in the States. What a true inspiration. I shed more than a few tears over this, and I consider them well spent.

Ah ah tears are always well spent. We have tear ducts for a reason :18:

McGrath4Pope - 15/5/2014 12:17

Inspirational young man. We lost a friend to cancer earlier this year who was only my age (31) - always seems that bit more wrong and unfair when it's someone so young.

R.I.P. Stephen Sutton.

Yes we lost a friend back in 1995 to cancer. He was 36. The ex Dad died at the same time, however John death hit us both harder cos he was around our age. His Dad was 78 and though he was Dad we know that is the right age people should be going around. Not 36.

We also lost a friend to a stroke a few months ago who was 47. Heartbreaking and it bring sup your own mortality when they are your age or younger