Return of fans | Vital Football

Return of fans

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
Presuming I’ve read correctly after Leeds & Man U fans clashing before the match, Leeds chanting about Munich, Ryan Giggs, Jimmy Saville, telling Jadon Sancho he let his country down, chanting at Rio Ferdinand about his late wife. Man in response waving Turkey flag.
There are some times when I really dislike football.

Presuming I’ve read correctly after Leeds & Man U fans clashing before the match, Leeds chanting about Munich, Ryan Giggs, Jimmy Saville, telling Jadon Sancho he let his country down, chanting at Rio Ferdinand about his late wife. Man in response waving Turkey flag.
There are some times when I really dislike football.

It's not football, it's some people. Those people probably carry those attitudes through into every-day life, by-and-large.

When their player (Clarke no.5) was down with his head injury on the first occasion the 617 area were chanting 'let him die! '
Not best chant ever after what happened to eriksen in the summer.

It's not football, it's some people. Those people probably carry those attitudes through into every-day life, by-and-large.
Yeah I suppose so . Just football gives them an outlet to get together and express such thoughts.

I was talking about this with a mate during the Olympics. Competitors were actually encouraging rivals to do better (and ultimately beat them) in so many Sports. Why is football so different as it brings out the absolute worst in people (me included in the past) …. it can’t just be a ‘class’ thing can it, or merely a lack of education?

I was talking about this with a mate during the Olympics. Competitors were actually encouraging rivals to do better (and ultimately beat them) in so many Sports. Why is football so different as it brings out the absolute worst in people (me included in the past) …. it can’t just be a ‘class’ thing can it, or merely a lack of education?

Well, from your own experience, you could give us an insight?

There are a lot of arseholes in this world (at all socio economic levels) so there are a lot of arseholes who attend football!

Football peculiarly does attract such people though, home and abroad.
And especially so with English football 'fans'.

Anti-social behaviour (up to and including downright revolting and actual criminality) seems to become de rigueur for these types once anywhere near or inside a football stadium.

Guess one day things will change. Maybe.

I think some (and it is only some) simply revel in their own ignorance, and use it as a bizarre badge of honour. The old Millwall ‘no one likes us, we don’t care’ attitude. Guess it kind of helps them justify their behaviour, however ugly.