Reserves | Vital Football

Reserves

runner_pie

Vital Reserves Team
Won 10-2 against Hartlepool. That's the sort of score line I used to remember when I played in matches as a kid! Still, you can only beat what is put in front of you and we certainly did that. Well done boys!

As you say don't know what Hartlepool put out, by the looks of that score must have been training aids!! But winning can only be a good thing and shows the players outside the 1st team are playing to be noticed.

It was great following the Twitter updates... A goal for us every few minutes! No idea how to take this result as it might be that Hartlepool Reserves are terrible, but their previous results don't seem to suggest that.

Also, why is barely anyone on the Mad board interested in discussing things like this? It seems to be becoming more about political bickering than about Notts!

DomdomPie - 15/9/2015 22:29

Also, why is barely anyone on the Mad board interested in discussing things like this? It seems to be becoming more about political bickering than about Notts!

One of the reasons I prefer this board. :beer:

DomdomPie - 15/9/2015 22:26

It was great following the Twitter updates... A goal for us every few minutes! No idea how to take this result as it might be that Hartlepool Reserves are terrible, but their previous results don't seem to suggest that.

Apparently they were playing some youngsters but you can only play against what is in front of you?

If nothing else it gave our fringe players a run out. I much prefer having a reserve league rather than just organising the odd friendly around development fixtures.

Does anyone know if Moniz goes to these games?

Not sure, but I imagine he just gets Richard Dryden to report back. I wonder how many goals Spencer has to score for the reserves before he's considered for the 1st team - it's 4 in 2 games now. Just wonder whether he might be a better partner for McCleod than Stead.

Isn't it great having a decent striker in the reserves who is struggling to get in the team. We have players who when fit would walk in to most teams in this league and will struggle to get in to our first team. If we can just tighten up a bit this could be one hell of a season.

I don't the problem will scoring goals, keeping clean sheets is the problem.
We need a bigger bus.

According to the Pools site they had 5 with first team experience!

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=413767

It's to get them back for the time they beat us when their 2 goal scorers were Hartley and Poole! I felt like they were mocking us from the scoresheet.... Now we've provided the comedy score line!

Just seen the highlights on Magpie player. They make it look easy to score double figures! Jimmy looks like a pro playing against schoolboys. Really hope he gets his chance in the 1st team again soon.

I think that Stead is still rightly ahead of Jimmy in the pecking order. He needs to keep his head down and bide his time but if he keeps scoring regularly for the reserves, then his time will surely come. One thing's for sure, the reserves will ensure that any fringe players don't get too ring rusty or injured players can come back in a more carefully managed way.