Red Card Overturned | Page 2 | Vital Football

Red Card Overturned

I saw that King and thought the same. He got some shocking stick on twitter for 'being sent off' and letting the club down, not meriting his place in the team anyway etc. All of it utter nonsense, he's the lynchpin of the team. As I said the 'dismissal' wasn't even in the same league as evans, dunkley, colclough last season - even if it had been correct.

Clearly was a reference to some of his critics who had insisted he wasn’t good enough for the next level after his sending off - I’m glad he pulled out that celebration as I’m sure it quitened a few!

Wish Gavin Massey had done the same after scoring a fine goal against Stoke too!

As Samy's adopted father figure and protector Hindley, please don't take this in the wrong way but I hope he is rested tonight. If he plays I am sure the Hull players will be on the wind up and Samy does have a short fuse. They will use the incident as ammunition and try to get a reaction. In my humble opinion I hope PC rests him as another yellow card in this match would give the press and any other of the anti Sam brigade another reason to knock him. I want to see him on the pitch as much as possible but given his lack of preparation pre season I think the occasional rest would do him more good.

OOPS...…..

I saw that King and thought the same. He got some shocking stick on twitter for 'being sent off' and letting the club down, not meriting his place in the team anyway etc. All of it utter nonsense, he's the lynchpin of the team. As I said the 'dismissal' wasn't even in the same league as evans, dunkley, colclough last season - even if it had been correct.

I hadn't seen him getting any stick, so i'm very disapointed to hear some of our own fans have treated him like that. How can you call yourself a fan if you directly attack one of your best players for what was ultimately a debatable decision?

I'm sure every club has their share of idiots (most of them seem to live on social media) but it's disgraceful for him to be treated like that. What do these people think it's going to achieve?!?

Nature of football, hero one game, a disgrace the next. It's an emotive sport, people are passionate about their club and perhaps dont react in the right way at times. Look at Power last season, from respected player, to all manner of abuse directed at him and then back to club hero waving a pyro around when we won the league. The key is for players is not to take anything personal and understand in today's social media era people will express what they feel.

People tweeting they think a player was poor is fair enough but there's absolutely no excuse or need for fans to directly message abuse at their own players.

If a player goes searching for his own name and gets upset then i dont have as much sympathy as it's asking for trouble. But it's the people who directly tag the players in on the abuse so they cant avoid it that annoy me. Are those supposed fan that short sighted that they don't realise that tearing them down on social media is counter productive to getting them to be confident and committed on a Saturday? It's disgraceful to think we have some of our own supporters effectively working against the teams best interests.

Players do have to be thick skinned but you'd think it would be opposition fans rather than their own giving the a hard time. It doesn't matter how much money they earn if they are getting lots of negativity thrown at them it's human nature that it will impact them especially from the people who are supposed to be on your side. Unfortunately it feels like too many people on social media dont consider the demoralising effect their messages could have.