Reaction To The New Home Kit | Vital Football

Reaction To The New Home Kit

Not the worst we've had, but not the best either. Tbh, once we start playing people will care less about the shirts. There were many who didn't like last year's design (& that probably remained their view over the season) but once the games started the comments became lower profile.

It's the player wearing the shirt that counts. Most said it was a crap shirt last season, but they won the league wearing it!. Its football, not mincing down the catwalk!.

That is fine, and a point well made but the Club should want as many fans as possible to purchase and wear the latest kit. If people don't like it, they don't buy it: simple.

From an aesthetic and commercial point of view I cannot help thinking that a version with a striped back would sell better in the Club Shop and on-line. It might be worth a trial for a popular size with a striped back, just to see?

I wore the season b4 lasts away shirt, it was smart, as was last season's away kit. Just waiting now to see this season's away outfit!

Last edited:
imo just like last year.. it's trying too hard to be *different*. adding the imp under the sleeve of our traditional red and white striped shirt would have been enough. the extra red down the sides as well was not necessary.

i think having a vertical white stripe on the sock is also a good idea for us... but then a horizontal white band as well is too much.

knowing when to edit, rather than throwing all the ideas in, is also part of good design