Rate the Ref : Home to Peterborough 9.1.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to Peterborough 9.1.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Will Finnie was the man in black today. How do you think he did?
Comments and scores out of 10 please

For me he was generally okay. I think if you look back all our bookings were warranted and other refs might have easily given Bridcutt another yellow just for his persistent fouling. Could have given a penalty for TJ's high arm (did the ref make allowances for him shielding his eyes from the sun so not an unnatural arm position?).....game could have gotten out of control but didn't.
Clear penalty for us and didn't shirk that second yellow from it
I'll go with a 5

Should have booked some of their players earlier, especially Kent's tackle in the first half who was super rash. Can't then fly into people as he did second half.

Should have sent off bridcutt, who had like a million fouls second half

Got penalty and red card spot on.

Could have given a penalty for Eyoma putting arm up (daft)

Think a stricter ref would have improved the game. First half it was 12 to 7 them fouls I think? Made it stop start and they stopped our counters with fouls, while bridcutt just went around giving it away and fouling it haha

8 - a couple of bad decisions but got 95% correct. They probably should have had a penalty and Eyoma and Bridcutt could have been sent off.

In positive territory for trying to let the game flow and personally I liked his common sense approach. Peterborough may feel aggrieved about a couple of decisions so a 6.5 for trying to referee the game with the right attitude.

5 for me. Difficult game with all the tackles flying in. Bought a good lot of "fouls/falls", especially their defender going over in his own box. Lots of bookings, but probably should have been more, including a red for our captain.

5 Although we benefitted from his leniency towards Bridcutt, it wouldn't have been a complete surprise if 4 hadn't had an early bath. Kent and Eyoma may well have joined them, Eyoma for his handball and Kent for flying into tackles. Not brilliant.

I liked the lack of theatrics from him: he just booked players and didn't stop play to make a speech. Bridcutt lucky not to be sent off. 7

7 spicier tackles to deal with that other games this season, some refs might have ended the game 9v9.

Got the key decisions right, TJs 'handball' giving pundits problem even with replays. Lenient with Bridcutt.

5. Thought he was weak. He fell for a lot of diving and then didn’t give real fouls. Bridcutt should have got a red as has already been stated.

7 I thought it was a tough game to ref.

Bridcutt should of gone for the amount of fouls after the yellow card which wasn’t a great tackle and was a card in between yellow and red meaning he was on thin ice. Possibly a penalty for Eyoma handball. I thought he got mugged off when there player threw himself to the ground and handled the ball in the area as Grant went past him.

But as been said he showed common sense and got a lot of desicions correct considering the amount of fouls.