Rate the ref v Mansfield | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Mansfield

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Hello guys n gals, sorry I didn't do this earlier, last night we had the familiar face of Graham Salisbury, please put your comments below

Quick reminder, could you please put your rating either at the start or finish of each post on a separate line

Lee Collins 7.17
Scott Oldham 7.16
Darren England 7.13
Andy Woolmer 7.00
Nicholas Kinseley 6.90
Trevor Kettle (2) 6.75
Craig Hicks (2) 6.58
Kevin Johnson 6.39
Eddie Ilderton 6.16
Martin Coy 5.88
Antony Coggins 5.81
Carl Boyeson (2) 5.63
Gavin Ward 5.41
John Brooks 4.94
Tom Neild 4.86
Graham Salisbury 4.81
Robert Jones 4.71
Darren Handley 3.69
Graham Horwood (2) 3.68
Anthony Backhouse 3.61
Andy Haines 3.58
Sebastian Stocksbridge (4) 3.54
Ross Joyce (2) 3.30
Brett Huxtable 2.92
Chris Sarginson 2.06

I'll start the ball rolling, added a lot of time on for the time wasting, should of given Rheady a penalty, was right to send Waterfall off, a 'bitty' performance

5/10

Thought he was decent - not a homer, and firm and decisive when he needed to be (pity that included giving Waterfall a red card). 7/10

Generally "OK", but some downright bad decisions.

Bottled the early decision. Looked a red all day for me. Think a little later in the game he would have sent him off, and maybe didn't want to make himself a rod. But, something like that can become a real source of him losing control.
He didn't book the guy for simulation. Personally, I thought he was actually brought down, but I might be wrong. But, having given it us for simulation, he has to book him.
Probably no choice with Waterfall, but to see a red card when the two-footed lunge didn't get one, just doesn't feel right for me.

4.5/10

plumbob - 7/3/2018 12:33

Generally "OK", but some downright bad decisions.

Bottled the early decision. Looked a red all day for me. Think a little later in the game he would have sent him off, and maybe didn't want to make himself a rod. But, something like that can become a real source of him losing control.
He didn't book the guy for simulation. Personally, I thought he was actually brought down, but I might be wrong. But, having given it us for simulation, he has to book him.
Probably no choice with Waterfall, but to see a red card when the two-footed lunge didn't get one, just doesn't feel right for me.

4.5/10

Must admit I thought the same regarding the simulation but he gave a direct free kick? TBH I have no idea what he gave or why.

Looked a clear dive to me, albeit Eardley? withdrew his foot. We can often have a different opinion on a challenge (i.e the early one that could have been red) but not giving a yellow for simulation is just wrong isn't it? Rheady didn't get much as usual.
5/10

6/10. Thought he definitely bottled giving the red early on and followed it up with some soft yellows for us. Didn't seem to be a lot of contact in Eardleys challenge. For a ref to watch a penalty box as intensly as he made out and miss three clear penalties, two on Rhead and one on Anderson is beyond belief. He also fell for Rose falling over on more than one occasion. I pesonnally dont think he saw Waterfall throw the bottle back. When he threw it I looked over and the ref seemed to be looking in the opposite direction. I;m guessing it came from one of the other officials but was the right decision.

5/10
A few strange decisions. Could and probably should have been an early red.
Didn't book their player for a dive but gave a free kick against him
Their late red was a joke, that half challenge was never a second yellow. It was hardly a foul on Palmer.

On the plus side he let a lot of minor challenges go which helped the game to flow.
No choice with the Waterfall sending off.

Jules - 9/3/2018 00:09

<b>Current Average:</b> 5.5

Ok so Graham Salisbury finishes up with an improved mark of 5.5, and I don't get told off by Jules and no detention from Posh either for getting his mark wrong :yehaa: