Rate the Ref: Home to Portsmouth 27.4.2024 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref: Home to Portsmouth 27.4.2024

Draper did struggle against their defence. But was not helped by this ref who didn't give him anything even when they tried to remove his shirt on one occasion.
Reminded me of Mike Dean when he reffed here. So full of himself and all about him.
Give him 1 only.

I didn't think he got any decisions wrong per se, he just didn't clamp down on the 'injuries', abuse from the opposition bench, timewasting etc and ended up wasting more of the game time than Portsmouth did.

I mean, take second half injury time when O'Connor brought they lad down. Between that foul and it being taken can't have been any less than four minutes and all he had to do was tell their guy to calm down but everything was very dramatic with him, he loved strolling over to book someone etc. I think he was actually trying to impose his authority on the game by coming across as unflustered but all it did was indicate indecisiveness in my opinion.

His issue wasn't decision making, it was him not appreciating that he was effecting the flow of an already stop-start game.

4/10.

Two major fundamentals of refereeing
Did he have match control? Nope
Did he consistently apply the laws of game? Nope
Believes he’s a superstar though so I’ll give him a mark of 1 for his self belief

I'll go 4/10 too. Walked about as though trying to show he didn't need to break into a run to show he was in control of the game but he wasn't and was made a fool of by the Portsmouth players and staff and wasted more time than they did.
His decisions were okay - he gave fouls for both sides and a penalty to us. Just needs to improve his awareness of time.

Didn’t think he was as bad as quite a few we have had. Made it clear early on for both sides that hard tackles, barging and shoulder charges were acceptable.
Played advantage where he could, including Roughan’s pull back prior to their second goal. And he awarded us a penalty. Was dreadful at managing their bench and the feigning injury/time wasting though.

That said, had Mandroiu scored the penalty and we had been the ones time wasting, his marks would have been considerably higher. It’s a 4 from me.

Another gullible idiot, do they go on courses to be that gullible?
As Kev just as hopeless as his dad but he doesn't wear trainers like his dad or as far behind play
We've had some truly appalling refs this season, especially since Xmas
Rebecca Welch stood head and shoulders above her male counterparts for me this season

1/10. We’ve had some shocking refs this season but he surely takes the biscuit. Absolutely lost control of the game through his own abysmal refereeing and management of the game, allied to his Lino’s. I don’t think I can ever remember a game where the ref has booked three club officials from a dugout. It would be easy to say we lost because of him, but we didn’t. Having said that, for such an important game he was about the worst choice they could have made for the ref. So much more I could say but we’d be here for a week. 😡🤬

4 not an easy game to ref especially when his assistants seemed to be thinking of their holidays rather than focusing on the game. My gripe was he should have stamped out the time wasting early on and perhaps we wouldn't have had 11+ minutes stoppage time at the end and maybe not lose 0-2. 4/10

Portsmouth took control with him, absolute disgrace, as said above very worst we've had this season.2