Rams Tweets a look around the World of Twitter for Rams fans | Vital Football

Rams Tweets a look around the World of Twitter for Rams fans

This thread rather points to the problems with this platform. A thread is created encouraging responses elsewhere on the site, rather than on this thread itself, which seems to be a marketing device for postings elsewhere.

So I responded in that other location, which is subject to censorship screening. OK it wasn't exactly an incisive comment, but some 24 hours later my comment has not been passed / approved. this is not the first time that I have had this happen.

So frankly I now see no point in responding to off thread postings because the spontaneity has gone. For all I know several people have replied, but we cannot see any of them.

The great thing about the forum is that you can see people's comments straight away, and respond while the "topic is hot" or when you are logged on, and interact in real time. Commenting via an approval required (censored) route that takes one or more days to emerge into the public domain just means that no interaction will follow. Ergo I have barely seen a comment on any of these redirected articles.

This thread rather points to the problems with this platform. A thread is created encouraging responses elsewhere on the site, rather than on this thread itself, which seems to be a marketing device for postings elsewhere.
No, it is just another way fans can interact with the articles on the website. They can choose which way they do it. At the moment all posts are monitored. I as the editor didn't choose it that way, it is just how it is set up at the moment. I try to monitor all comments but there has been very few since I took over editorship. Most that I have had are spam from sites advertising things from betting to soft drinks, hence the monitoring and the approval, which I do. The reason your comments haven't appeared is that they are usually derogatory, or as your last effort one word answers again in a negative vain

Nor do I, nor do you need to to respond to the off forum thread
No, you don't need to but if more people did then a larger community may develop. I will then look at the comments being allowed without censor to encourage more interaction. We are all learning as I try and make this site and forum grow and a little more positive action from yourself and others on the messageboard and the links to articles on the main site may help.

You should try it, there are a large number of tweeters out there and usually a fair amount of players, workers at the club and others in the know who post (or tweet as the case may be)

You sound as though you tweet. May I follow you ? :throw:

No, it is just another way fans can interact with the articles on the website. They can choose which way they do it. At the moment all posts are monitored. I as the editor didn't choose it that way, it is just how it is set up at the moment. I try to monitor all comments but there has been very few since I took over editorship. Most that I have had are spam from sites advertising things from betting to soft drinks, hence the monitoring and the approval, which I do. The reason your comments haven't appeared is that they are usually derogatory, or as your last effort one word answers again in a negative vain

My last "one word effort" was to see if anything, howsoever humble, ever got through since I don't think I've ever seen a response to one of these posts apart from an Ian Hayes who, if my memory serves well, is aka Bloomer!!

As I don't tweet (and it seems few in here do, maybe an age demographic) and don't Facebook I am not likely to be able to "market" the site for you, but happy to contribute to the forum or site itself.

However if you feel my contributions are "derogatory" then maybe I won't bother so much.

My last "one word effort" was to see if anything, howsoever humble, ever got through since I don't think I've ever seen a response to one of these posts apart from an Ian Hayes who, if my memory serves well, is aka Bloomer!!

As I don't tweet (and it seems few in here do, maybe an age demographic) and don't Facebook I am not likely to be able to "market" the site for you, but happy to contribute to the forum or site itself.

However if you feel my contributions are "derogatory" then maybe I won't bother so much.
Up to you RR, but there is now a straight 'comment' section on the bottom of each article on the website, that is not monitored, moderated, check or generally messed about with, so what you post, or comment will be there for all to see. Please note this is a trial and if we do get vast amounts of spam then it will have to be looked at again.

Hopefully, this will get people who view all the media outlets posting and joing in with our conversations.

P.S Twitter is used by a lot of players, managers and others closely associated with football and/or Derby County, so maybe worth giving it a go.

I am looking for the correct past tense of the verb "twitter" and the noun for a person who "twittered" in the past........... any ideas? ;)

No reference to past tense or the noun for past users of the service......

I wonder if Danny Dyer knows ;)

Latest Rams News