Pundits Queue Up to Put The Boot Into Dele Alli. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pundits Queue Up to Put The Boot Into Dele Alli.

Alli is a red card waiting to happen, we were lucky 2 games in a row and Poch needs to sort this out before it costs us.

It was a 50/ 50 tackle, barely made contact and he was at full speed so it looked worse. His pen dive was commended by Gerrard and Jenus. Who both agreed if he stays on his feet he gets nothing. The defender gave the ref a decision to make by going across Alli.

Without that pen who knows. It meant Burnley had to open up. Alli also cushioned the last goal into Kane nicely. With the pen that's 2 assists. That's what he's there for. He did his job.

So he should have been dropped still yes ?

Because despite everything he is underperforming and i am beginning to think he is a 'few tricks pony' and apart from his flashes of brilliance which we all know he can do, his overall conrribution has been less than impressive so far this season....than say a Silva a hazaard, so we need to put Ali in perspective, thats all.

We are all guilty of building them up and then knocking them down, whoever they may be depending on each performance and significantly on what the result of the game is, e.g if we lose and Kane does not score he is found guilty of being greedy by some...we are all finicky

Anyway did you not notice i praised Sissokko's performance despite his miss...are you not happy at that? ...merry xmas by the way...hanukah for me if I was in the least bit religious which I am not, but respect other people's views, no matter how inane and pointless thye may be.

Greavswasthegreatest - 24/12/2017 13:07

Because despite everything he is underperforming and i am beginning to think he is a 'few tricks pony' and apart from his flashes of brilliance which we all know he can do, his overall conrribution has been less than impressive so far this season....than say a Silva a hazaard, so we need to put Ali in perspective, thats all.

We are all guilty of building them up and then knocking them down, whoever they may be depending on each performance and significantly on what the result of the game is, e.g if we lose and Kane does not score he is found guilty of being greedy by some...we are all finicky

Anyway did you not notice i praised Sissokko's performance despite his miss...are you not happy at that? ...merry xmas by the way...hanukah for me if I was in the least bit religious which I am not, but respect other people's views, no matter how inane and pointless thye may be.

I am happy you noticed Sissokos contribution which despite his saved attempt was possibly one of his best so far.

I have noticed Alli dipping in performance but question the best way to deal with it is to drop him at this stage. I think he justified his place in the team yesterday.

Nick Real Deal - 24/12/2017 08:05

total spurs - 21/12/2017 14:07

Greavswasthegreatest - 21/12/2017 11:57

Ali needs to be dropped ...end of!

And so say most of us.......

Any thoughts on this end of comment ?

Absolutely...... Dele definitely needs to be rested, it's great that he had a better game, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have been rested. It doesn't say much for Poch when he treats players differently, Dele hasn't been performing well, needed a time out and should have had it.
Look, if you have a little kid and you say don't just run blindly across the road you might get knocked down, but he runs and doesn't get knocked down...... doesn't mean he was right to run.....
So just because Dele had an improved game doesn't necessarily mean he shouldn't have been rested!
As for my mate sissjoko.... yeah glad he got an assist.....but all the time his arxe points downwards, he will not be good enough for us.
Clearly we disagree about him, cos it seems that you will praise him if his bootlaces are tied up correctly!

It doesn't say rested, it says dropped. I am all for him being rested if possible, same for Kane and a few others for their own preservation.

I have repeatedly stated Sissoko is not a first team starter when we have everyone fit. The gap is closing between him and Dembele though as the performances of the two move in different directions. When Wanyama and Winks are back with Lamela fully fit I don't see a place for Sissoko other than a rotational option or fresh legs sub.

Nick Real Deal - 24/12/2017 17:46

It doesn't say rested, it says dropped. I am all for him being rested if possible, same for Kane and a few others for their own preservation.

I have repeatedly stated Sissoko is not a first team starter when we have everyone fit. The gap is closing between him and Dembele though as the performances of the two move in different directions. When Wanyama and Winks are back with Lamela fully fit I don't see a place for Sissoko other than a rotational option or fresh legs sub.

I am not necessarily saying you said dropped or rested, just saying my thoughts about resting him!

It's also true that you have said sissjoko isn't a first team starter when all are available....

But it's IMO equally true that you try to find the minutest positive ish thing he does to suggest he is contributing positively...... Where I tend to look at what he doesn't do, or hasn't done.....as I do for any player.

But I would love to see him suddenly become an asset for us, I just don't anticipate that ever happening.... which doesn't mean that he will never ever do anything positive! I really hope he gets moved on and IMO it would make sense if a deal could be done around Barkley.....tho I am not sure Everton would want him anyway.

Dele had a raging second half of the season last year, and his statistical contributions are about on par with last year at this time.

More pressure on him as a result of his success, and teams ready and willing to get in his face and push him now they know him, and really fear him. The kid has a bit of a hard-man heart, and I'll give him a bit of credit for not losing his marbles more often.

I do think having him play a few games deeper has been smart. Not as likely to win a MoM prolly from there, but he's had a couple 'positionally mature' games that will go a longer way to improving his overall field vision.

He obviously has been playing too much for too long, but does any club sacrifice their league position or euro comp success by not playing one of your best players, to rest him in the longer view? I don't know if that happens.

It happens when you have a squad and players capable of stepping in. We haven't had that, so he has been run into the ground.

Poch must take full responsibility as he picks the team and squad. He has had plenty of chances to get in attacking options capable of competing for his place but has failed.

Played very well today. Saw all sides of him good and bad. He was subbed quite early for preservation which is good too. He had some injection of pace, didn't look jaded to me. A sublime through ball to Kane and a pin point goal with curl on it.

Yup good game for him.

That front 4 is really playing with some great chemistry. It helps them all.

Players do have dips in form , even Kane goes through them.

I watched Eriksen and his passing was frustrating me but after a while I could see why he has that stat of being the second worst loser of possession in the league. He tries so many tight through passes but didn't give up. Some get intercepted some are a touch too heavy or under hit. Some are just off target. Of course he will get some right or score himself and everything is rosie again.

If he has a couple of games where things don't go right for him we don't call for his head. Alli is similar in that he tries a lot of creative moves and most will break down. I think when he has his medium range passing hat on he is better than when he over elaborates. That type of pass invariably comes from a little deeper to split the defence open.

One of the most frustrating aspects of the soton game were the counter-attacking 4:2/5:2 situations we screwed up. Sissoko not aware enough to use Kane’s decoy run to pass to someone else and Alli dwelling on the ball when it needed passing. I would welcome an efficient attacking player, with a football brain during the window.

3 assists and a goal and he is inefficient and lacks a football brain.

Who would you have us bring in to replace Alli then Rich?

Some form at last well done Ali....keep yer head up....we need you playing consistently at this level.

Mopo was right,, he decided to play you to work it out when many on here, including me, thought you needed a kick up the arse and be dropped to bring you back down to earth and bring your appetite back....still mpo is paid more than us folk, so he should know best....