PSG v Newcastle | Page 2 | Vital Football

PSG v Newcastle

It is unbelievable that the rules clearly state if the ball hits a body part and then the arm it is not a pen yet the ref buckled under PSG players screaming at him and gave a pen

Expected a defeat, really didn't expect to get robbed in the 98th minute. Psg can do one as can var. All part of the 'elite' stopping the lowly toon from joining the party.

It is unbelievable that the rules clearly state if the ball hits a body part and then the arm it is not a pen yet the ref buckled under PSG players screaming at him and gave a pen
Is that truly the case? I don't think this one was given in maybe other circumstances, but I guess you can't smash the ball away with your hand after receiving the ball with the chest. A case of natural movements or not? An over the top example, but there will be more to the rule for it I guess. All the ref wanted to see though was ball against the arm.

In this case I think the ball isn't going anywhere else by the will of the player and didn't seem to be intentional. No penalty for me. He can't make that movement and clear the ball with his hands on his back....

Is that truly the case? I don't think this one was given in maybe other circumstances, but I guess you can't smash the ball away with your hand after receiving the ball with the chest. A case of natural movements or not? An over the top example, but there will be more to the rule for it I guess. All the ref wanted to see though was ball against the arm.

In this case I think the ball isn't going anywhere else by the will of the player and didn't seem to be intentional. No penalty for me. He can't make that movement and clear the ball with his hands on his back....
Body to arm in a natural position is not a penalty

I held back from commenting last night as I had a mixture of anger, deflation and not being able to put my thoughts into words but among that we have to step back and actually comprehend what a group set up we have as it's surely the best we have had in our lifetime if not ever.

To see a team with one or two that may not even make a match day squad, assembled with a bench that is not really designed to help us with some having not even worn the shirt on the pitch, use only eleven players at arguably one of the top 3 sides in the world with their non-stop hostile singing atmosphere whilst PSG freshened up around the hour mark with more world class stars and a further five at that. Having witnessed and taken in all of the ingredients but still saw how the final result was got to has to fill you with pride and all of the usual feelings once the dust settles.

I suppose the best compliment we all can get to try to help us over this result is the amount of opposition people talking about how we were robbed and many have similar angry views which is coming across great for us. I suspect Eddie Howe will use this position to try to further us as a club and hopefully see this ride reach new heights.

I see they have stood down the VAR official today after his decision last night. That aside a magnificent performance from the lads. They can hold their heads high.

They make the rules up as they go along. Should never have been a penalty but terrific performance and we were down to the bare bones.
Not a clear and obvious error by the ref, so he should have had the balls to still rule out the penalty after VAR. Disgraceful