Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Cancel the season

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
‘Project Restart’. The very name is typically cringeworthy, but that’s a minor detail. The Premier League are, to use the current vernacular, ‘ramping up’ plans to re-start the season in an attempt to complete the league by the end of July.

All manner of rumours have surfaced in recent days, including playing at neutral venues, abandoning (or not) relegation, allowing five substitutes and my particular favourite, playing halves shorter than 45 minutes amid concerns about players’ safety. None of these measures would help protect the “integrity” of the competition they seem so keen to preserve.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/project-restart-is-it-too-soon/

No not yet. I get all the economic and community arguments etc , but we are still getting upward 500 deaths a day and testing is nowhere near at the level it should be. Sanctioning loads of tests for players would be a massive own goal and a PR disaster in my view.

Apparently the whole world is craving PL football, I have a sneaking suspicion it's not it is craving a cure or vaccine.
Sorry but football to me is way down the pecking order of getting people back to work
Just can the season, for me least of our worries and we are all football nuts on here
The reality is that no one is strictly craving dull behind closed doors matches with absolutely zero atmosphere and whatever other bullshit they dream up (30 min halves, 5 subs each or whatever).

I think they're miscalculating the demand. There's demand for football as it was, for some bastardised version it will not be as great. Of course, for the Premier League and broadcasters it's better than nothing, financially, but I'd wager will not return what they expect.

Last edited:
All of these ideas are ridiculous.

If they're that desperate to finish the season, why not just play 5-a-sides with traffic cones and we'll guess who the winner is.

There is nothing more dull than watching a game with no fans. If it does resume I don't think I'll bother tuning in.

I think we'll all agree that if it does come back behind closed doors and I hope it doesn't, it is at least played to the same rules and regs as proper football and includes VAR and everything else bar fans in the stands.

no couldn't disagree more - they need to respect the integrity of the game by lifting the spirits of the nation as we're all craving for the dippers to be awarded the league.
So I'd go full on It's a Knockout
costumes to maintain distancing, jokers, the works

Just imagine Conor ploughing through midfield like a human dynamo in those large foam boots - it would be magnificent

or just cancel the lot obviously

no couldn't disagree more - they need to respect the integrity of the game by lifting the spirits of the nation as we're all craving for the dippers to be awarded the league.
So I'd go full on It's a Knockout
costumes to maintain distancing, jokers, the works

Just imagine Conor ploughing through midfield like a human dynamo in those large foam boots - it would be magnificent

or just cancel the lot obviously
It's a knock out, brilliant idea, with stuart Hall commentating, before we knew he was a nonce. Project Restart is a joke, one that becomes more ridiculous as the can gets further kicked down the road.

to save two threads on the same thing, feel free to vote in this thread, but discuss in the existing thread. :thumbup:

To be fair, the poll system since we moved forums is crap, as it won't allow anyone not logged in to vote. So where we used to get several hundred or more, we get a handful of votes.

to save two threads on the same thing, feel free to vote in this thread, but discuss in the existing thread. :thumbup:

To be fair, the poll system since we moved forums is crap, as it won't allow anyone not logged in to vote. So where we used to get several hundred or more, we get a handful of votes.

I'm all for keeping the noners from voting

Status
Not open for further replies.