Predict the team for Saturdays match. | Vital Football

Predict the team for Saturdays match.

chris who

Vital Champions League
I think even Steve Evans would struggle with this one .Entries before Midnight on Thursday only.Nearest wins subs can be included but only used as a tie breaker.

I will go with
Walsh
McKenzie Tucker Ogilvie Medley
McDonald Robertson Dempsey Graham
Akindie and Oliver
Subs Samuel Coyle Maghoma Willock Woods edit forgotten Eccles
plus a free agent Goalkeeper

Last edited:
I’d go with Chris’ team, but swap Samuel and Akinde.

Bring Akinde on at h/t and tell him it’s Tuesday v Ipswich 👍

And if things ain’t going well at h/t or we need a goal, give Trae Coyle a decent run as well. We need goals and he’s proved he can score.

I will go with
Walsh
McKenzie Tucker Ogilvie Medley
McDonald Robertson Dempsey Graham
Akindie and Oliver
Subs Samuel Coyle Maghoma Willock Woods
plus a free agent Goalkeeper
Same team except Samuel for Oliver
Subs: Maghoma, Eccles, Drysdale, Willock, Woods, Coyle, Oliver

Wasn't goalkeeper, the one position where you could get emergency loans.
We can but we already have six loan players I know O'Connor is injured .It is very possible we will get a loan till January especially if one or more of the loans hasn't proved good enough .

Same team except Samuel for Oliver
Subs: Maghoma, Eccles, Drysdale, Willock, Woods, Coyle, Oliver
one extra thought:

same team but I'd not disrupt the 'new' solid midfield and instead give Robertson a 1 to 1 man marking job on Gooch who's the only creative Sunderland player where all their (few) goals come from; so a back 3 ; Robertson follow Gooch all over the pitch , with a few 'kicks' but dont get booked too early, McK MacD in front with Dempsey to create, assisted by Samuel, and Grahm free to create chances; Akinde must start to boost his confidence but I suspect will find the Sund centre backs harder than Ips. and we'll need Oliver for last 15-20 mins, when I fully expect a wining goal for 2-1

one extra thought:

same team but I'd not disrupt the 'new' solid midfield and instead give Robertson a 1 to 1 man marking job on Gooch who's the only creative Sunderland player where all their (few) goals come from; so a back 3 ; Robertson follow Gooch all over the pitch , with a few 'kicks' but dont get booked too early, McK MacD in front with Dempsey to create, assisted by Samuel, and Grahm free to create chances; Akinde must start to boost his confidence but I suspect will find the Sund centre backs harder than Ips. and we'll need Oliver for last 15-20 mins, when I fully expect a wining goal for 2-1
I like that idea of neutralising Gooch by man to man marking. 👍