Praise From Fatboy | Vital Football

Praise From Fatboy

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
From his post match interview. No mention of the 'Fat Scottish W****r' song, but he did say "You can see the difference the Rainham End make to Gillingham when they got their equaliser, they're right behind them, they go in front and we were wobbling"

And "It's a hard earned win at a good club it has to be said"

"It's tough to win here, the supporters get right behind their team. When they got the 2 goals, the atmosphere rose all around the ground"

Sound's like he's lining up his next job already!!

I think he has mellowed a bit the past few years. A bit like Warnock did before him. Whenever I read what he’s said about us, he’s always been quite complimentary and the same today, I think he even described us as a good side. I suspect that is partly because we have shown a bit of interest in him as a manager.

On that note, it is annoying me that we get praised as a good side when we lose against top teams - yet we’re shite when playing against teams around us. It’s all well and good being plucky losers against the top six, but unless you’re beating a decent share of the other 17 then you can’t be a good side.

Not really bothered about the bloke Nathan, it's easy to say decent things about the opposition when you have just beaten them 4 - 2. Maybe he'd have been just as complimentary had we thrashed them?

Fair point. It’d be nice to find out in a few months.

He was summarising one of our games on SSN one Tuesday night during the 2015/16 season. It was quite early on in the season and he was very complimentary about us then as a neutral, that was the first time I’d heard him speak about us with any kind of respect. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like him, and would not want him at GFC.

He does well at lower league clubs that have had significant investment in the playing budget. Basically a lower level chequebook manager.