'Pool v Carlizzlee | Page 2 | Vital Football

'Pool v Carlizzlee

Probably didn't see the ball on the tele that they cleared at the south end of the ground went over the South Stand roof and then got blown back into play!

Sat at home listening to my bins being blown all over the back garden. My fence has blown over and blown back up. Crikey! 🫣🌬🌧

Difficult conditions but a confortable win.
Spoke to a Carliske fan pre natch who said they were shite. Asked him about Moxon and he said he's been awful all season. Reckon his head has been turned by us and that we are welcome to him come Jan.
Said he was hopeful with the takeover and the Jan window will be huge for them.
I can't remember Grimmy making a save until near the end. They missed 1 sitter at 2-0 but when you watch Rhodes' goals you see what he brings to the team. That alertness fir his first, that calmness for his second.
We ran midfield today.
Dougall was outstanding, my MOTM by a country Mike.
Despite 1 error I though Pennington had an excellent game and Beesley is improving week on week. A much more allround performance from him today.
I did keep an eye on Moxon. Bigger than I thought, he played two cracking passes in the first half, but there wasn't much more from him, in what was a poor Carlisle team.
I'd take a punt on him.though, you only have to see how NC can develop some players, and hope that if he does come that he falls in to that category.

Difficult conditions but a confortable win.
Spoke to a Carliske fan pre natch who said they were shite. Asked him about Moxon and he said he's been awful all season. Reckon his head has been turned by us and that we are welcome to him come Jan.
Said he was hopeful with the takeover and the Jan window will be huge for them.
I can't remember Grimmy making a save until near the end. They missed 1 sitter at 2-0 but when you watch Rhodes' goals you see what he brings to the team. That alertness fir his first, that calmness for his second.
We ran midfield today.
Dougall was outstanding, my MOTM by a country Mike.
Despite 1 error I though Pennington had an excellent game and Beesley is improving week on week. A much more allround performance from him today.
I did keep an eye on Moxon. Bigger than I thought, he played two cracking passes in the first half, but there wasn't much more from him, in what was a poor Carlisle team.
I'd take a punt on him.though, you only have to see how NC can develop some players, and hope that if he does come that he falls in to that category.

Agree with all of that. Kenny was sensational today, hence my other thread. He was a class above any of them. His strength is also on a higher level than 2-3 years ago, he's not going to get bullied by many. His passing when under pressure and his ability to run through challenges makes the notion of us looking at Moxon ridiculous. I really can't be more pleased that we have a player of that quality in midfield. And on a day Charlie Adam walked out of the main entrance and nearly ran straight into me. I'm glad I had the fleet footedness to swing past him. By Christ he's a solid unit nowadays!

I know you have been more enamoured by Pennington than myself. Today he was great. He was at ease bringing the ball through the centre too (where was that boy Moxon). Maybe today's terrible opponents made a few look better, but it was a game that we could have struggled with early season. I did notice Grimmy caught in 2 minds with defender?? Very similar to how Northampton got their equaliser, their player nipping in from an acute angle luckily Grimmy covered the angle in time. He really needs to shout a bit more, take away the doubt. Or take ball, defender and anyone else if need be, just be a bit more decisive sometimes.

Yes Beesley is starting to make a nuisance of himself up top and things are slowly starting to happen for him. Anyone playing alongside Rhodes is going to benefit from that experience and sheer class rubbing off.

Very disappointing we stay 8th and played 2 more. But for yin and yang we have such a strong squad right now. Our midfield is quality. Our attackers when t'other 2 come back gives us options. The defence is still a bit shaky at times, but we are improving. The next few weeks with the madness of the fixture list will be pivotal for our season. If we can bag a decent return on points and get away with no, or few, injuries then we know we are always good when we turn that final bend into the home straight and sprinting towards the beginning of May.

Feeling very content this evening. And the nobbers dropped 2 more points too. 😁

Their keeper is over 6' 9" 😮
And proved thankfully, to be useless. His height was his down fall. Couldn't hold a high ball on a swirling very windy wet day. Smaller keepers would have punched the ball away in those conditions. :grinning:

Last edited: