Pompey v MK Dons - FOOTBALL TALK!! | Vital Football

Pompey v MK Dons - FOOTBALL TALK!!

pompeyrug

Alert Team
another game tonight guys, mk dons come to town...

they have been in shocking form of late, do we FINALLY have a chance to end the winless streak?

altho izale mcleod is back isnt he, not done anything for them since he joined them but whats the betting he does tonight!

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16390" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v MK Dons</b></a>.

Tonights a hard one to call. I reckon we could get a point out of it. I just think we lack a real goal scoring threat.
McLeod will almost definetly score! Almost worth putting money on it!

Mudie and Crawford think we're gonna win, so that settles that one. Those guys never get it wrong (apart from the last 24).

Well I thought the first half wasn't too bad, but the second fizzled out.

Some observations:

- The pitch looks awful & the ball is bobbling all over the place. Assume the bit of training we did on it hasn't helped matters!
- Agyemang is a bloody cart horse, but is a useful lump to have up front.
- Racon flattered to deceive. Lots of jiggling about, but not much end product really.
- Connolly looked good. Lots of energy.
- Their keeper seemed to get spooked out of taking any sort of kick as the crowd got on his back. Almost let us in by doing that.
- Crowd was very small really. Official crowd was a shade under 10k, but looked more like 8k.
- Hats off to the MK Dons fans. For a very small number of them they made themselves heard - well done!

A point is a good thing. Its all too late for us anyway. I just want some pride & last night it wasn't embarassing.

enjoyed first half and for 20 mins we looked good, crowd got behind them, then got annoyed with the 2nd half as they seemed scared to push on, really boys we aint bothered if we lose, push on for that win!

in ground odds 10/3 to win

I'll take the point.

A win... and I'd have been in a state of total shock. As it was, when Connoly scored I couldn't quite believe the fact that we were winning.

Its a grind, but we've just got to see the season out now, and if a win does come our way it really will be something to savour.

Roll on League 2, where we can hopefully regroup and start again, albeit with a 10 point penalty. We can overcome that, I'm sure.

Quite right Corny. Let's get to L2 now & start afresh.

Get rid of the curse of Balram Chanrai & the horrible past.

It may take a couple of years to build a team to challenge in League 2, especially given the 10 point deduction in the first year, but I'm sure it will turn around.

If we can keep Fratton Park we'll be too big a club to not be able to run to a decent enough team. Out budget will be too large. And that won't be us buying the division, just a reflection that we are too large to be contained by it for too long.

Jimsmithswig - 28/2/2013 09:20

in ground odds 10/3 to win

Pathetic price - 9/2 pre game and less time to play so,most of the time ,they would be bigger than pre game price unless we were totally battering them
I don't expect anything better from cowboys operating in there though