The Politics Thread | Page 248 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

It doesn’t even wind me up anymore. Williamson is a see you next Tuesday, if the Russians poisoned him they’d be doing us a favour, the most incompetent person in that cabinet and that’s quite a title given the levels of incompetence.

In my opinion details of a contract awarded with a conflict of interest should be made fully available to the public at request of the opposition or media, to ensure public money is being used to maximise benefit.

It may be that computacenter are the best company to do this job - and that’s fine if they are - but we deserve confidence in that decision when it’s hundreds of millions of £’s worth.

Last edited:
In y opinion details of a contract awarded with a conflict of interest should be made fully available to the public at request of the opposition or media, to ensure public money is being used to maximise benefit.

It may be that computacenter are the best company to do this job - and that’s fine if they are - but we deserve confidence in that decision when it’s hundreds of millions of £’s worth.

Be transparent - properly transparent and the cynicism would fade away wouldn't it. As it is we don't angry anymore, we just automatically assume.

I'm not sure this is the right thread but...

I want to bear witness to how the temperature on cyber and actual bullying is being turned up. As CNN label them the "Strong and Wrong" have been empowered and openly spout old hatreds and pick on others. I read the Guardian online 2 days ago and was struck by the fact that at least three stories were basically people being bullied.

Mayor of Penzance bullied for taking down illegal flags, a lawyer had to move house after pushing for Cummings to be investigated for Covid breeches and another I can't remember now. Oh and also saw Martin Lewis (TV money saver) swamped online for a joke about using a smartphone app to socially distance.

You stick your head above the trenches and the mob chop your head off. And is it random that the mayor and lawyer were Asian and Martin is jewish?

I really worry for the future. We seem to be seeing the rise of a new virtual mob of brown shirts.

That is criminal - I accept they've overblown the 'fresh' angle for PR purposes and the chocolate is there for the same reason but I'd say that was a good choice to highlight the lack in the second photo.

By my quick sum, that's barely even a fiver's worth.

Making the switch from working family tax to universal credit for the self employed scheme, we actually qualified for free school meals for the first time (somehow).

School knocked up a bag for the youngest during the summer and we picked it up out of curiosity more than anything. I'm going back a few months now so I'm bound to forget something.

But bread, butter, cheese, pack of beans, fresh fruit (apples from memory), a few veg (lettuce, cucumber), good sized pack of pasta, bolognese sauce, pack of cuppa soups, fun pack selection of breakfast cereals - and definitely more I've forgotten, might have been some rice pudding etc.

A good £15 quids worth in my mind, but I was even more impressed, it was the week holiday period, but it was a decent 2 meals a day with the added advantage that it helped the kids understand how to portion (or allowed the parents to portion if they didn't get the kids involved) - whether it was beans on toast, cheese on toast, mix up the bolognese with the pasta, or have the pasta with some fruit and veg and so on and so on.

If that photo of Chartwell's attempt at £30 is absolutely genuine, that makes it even more embarrassing. The bag we got was about a foot and half in length, foot deep and two foot high and it was packed.

I could get their offering into my coat pockets and I'd have to carry the bread. Typical Gov bollocks though, farm out to a company looking for profit rather than giving it to an LEA or schools individually and just letting a sensible member of staff handle it so you really get good value for money.

We got vouchers for Xmas, but we didn't need them so didn't use them.

I'm still not actually sure why we got them to begin with, don't know anyone I could gift them to, so at least the cash stays unused hopefully for the next round for those that do.

I'm still not actually sure why we got them to begin with, don't know anyone I could gift them to, so at least the cash stays unused hopefully for the next round for those that do.

Nah, I would VERY much doubt the Gov would carry over any money, I would imagine their figures would be on vouchers given, not vouchers used.

Personally, I'd rather think folks like you, who are honest and dont take the piss, use them, or use them and donate them to others, rather than the fat cats save some pennies.

If we get some more and don't need them, if the money doesn't stay in the pot like I thought - might look into a local food bank or something.

:clap:

This was the first time the home secretary had been let loose at a No 10 briefing since May last year and it soon became clear why. Because Patel is almost pathologically unable to utter a coherent sentence. Whenever she prefaces a statement with, ‘Let me be clear’ – which she does with monotonous regularity – you can be certain she’s going to be anything but.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-carrot-its-time-for-patel-to-bring-the-stick

:clap:

This was the first time the home secretary had been let loose at a No 10 briefing since May last year and it soon became clear why. Because Patel is almost pathologically unable to utter a coherent sentence. Whenever she prefaces a statement with, ‘Let me be clear’ – which she does with monotonous regularity – you can be certain she’s going to be anything but.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-carrot-its-time-for-patel-to-bring-the-stick
She's absolutely vile.

More government disarray... can they not just press ctrl+Z? :lol:

The home secretary, Priti Patel, is facing questions after 150,000 arrest records were accidentally wiped from police databases last week.

Fingerprint, DNA and arrest history records were deleted which could allow offenders to go free because evidence from crime scenes will not be flagged on the Police National Computer (PNC)...

...the Times said “crucial intelligence about suspects” had vanished because of the blunder, and that Britain’s visa system had been thrown into disarray, with the processing of applications suspended for two days

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...re-as-150000-police-records-accidentally-lost

It doesn't really make sense to me. Any sensible database design has a backup regime. Even on a very basic level an SQL Management Studio offers this via point and click and it's even easier with a couple of lines of T-SQL. You also have permissions to ensure people do not have write access to tables and do not have the ability to DROP things.

I'd imagine what they're calling a database is an Excel spreadsheet.

Last edited: