Playoff semi final 2nd leg | Vital Football

Playoff semi final 2nd leg

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
I know your pain will be as low as my joy is high so no gloating from me.

That was an excellent spectacle that had the Dutch commentator on Ziggo purring with delight. The best of the physical side of the English game with some classic Dutch style smooth football from both sides.

The game turned, for me, when Lampard brought Marriott on for Holmes. An equaliser born out of a header from Bennett which landed between keeper and defender who confused one another leaving Marriott to poke it into the empty net.

When our side was announced I feared we would be done, for the 4th time this season, by Leeds. The first half hour was even stevens but you looked the more likely to score and did. At that point we were faced with the task of climbing Everest, blindfolded.

Then came the substitution and it was all change. To me, we out-Leedsed Leeds. A physical game from both sides. The ref made a lot of mistakes but wasn't biased one way or the other. Of all the cards he handed out, I think he got one wrong. I didn't think the Phillips booking was justified. The rest were. Oh how Malone must be kicking himself for his, justified, first card for trying to prevent a quick throw. His 2nd was justified. He misses the Final at Wembley.

Talk in the papers about whether Bielsa will still be your manager next season. He still has a year left on his contract so why not? With the added knowledge he now has, he will hopefully add to the squad and have one or two older heads in there to help the young uns on. In Shackleton and Clark you have two very good lads who will be even better next season. I was glad Clark was on the bench rather than starting the game. he tore us a new one in the 2-0 game.

I obviously think we deserved it, just and was proved wrong as I thought, and posted so on here, that you would win..... just. It would have been a different tale, IMO, if Roofe and Alioski had been fit.

I know it's no solace at the moment but your team will be a year older and a year wiser next season. Auto promotion? It's on the cards. For obvious reasons I hope we won't be playing you next season but you never know. Villa are the favourites going into this and we seem to adapt well to the underdog role. Time will tell..

I have read several of you writing that the problem with Leeds is not taking enough of the chances you create. I concur.

All was looking good. The sub may have been an inspired one but played not part in the goal. The keeper and our defence have made that very same mistake quite often. Gave away exactly the same at Ipswich last game of the season. Thereafter you tore us apart although at agg 3-3 both sides could have nicked it. We had our passenger tonight as Bambi was a waste of space. Fat Frank apparently was getting some not to pleasant abuse from the Leeds fans behind him so i was told on the coach home. Clean ribbing yes. Vile language abuse not good.
I would favour Villa as an around better footballing side and if it comes to falling over they are now in a league of their own. So i would favour them and i'm sure that view will suit you just fine.I have a couple of Villa mates so would rather see them win hence no wishing you good luck. But if it's to be your day then so be it.

I actually thought the referee, Anthony Taylor, had a very good game. He is not one of my favourite officials but I think he got all the big calls correct.

The only thing I could possibly complain about was Berardi should have had a free kick before making his stupid lunge.