Player scores v Norwich | Vital Football

Player scores v Norwich

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Typical championship fare, two mediocre sides playing mediocre football. We possibly deserved a draw but hard to really argue with the result. Sometimes you wonder if it is possible to score too early.

Pants: 6.5 functional but never quite dominates as one would hope.

Osborn: 6.5, little wrong, little right.

Fox: 6.5, not at his best with setting the tempo.

Hefele: 6, like Pants needs to command more. Sometimes looks like he can play football, other times looks slow and clumsy.

Darikwa: 7.5, solid again and played a couple of delicious passes.

Watson: 6.5, okish but ultimately lost the midfield battle.

Colback: 6.5, as above.

Lolley: 6.5, looked great for 15 but faded into insignificance.

Dias: 6, flashes of talent, needs consistency and to impose himself more.

Carvalho: 6.5, as above really but early on looked like he was going to run the show.

Grabban: 6.5, got a goal but rarely threatened otherwise.

Subs: 6, little really impact.

Karanka: 6, despite the boos for taking Lolley off he wasn't having a great day. Needs to address our lack of mobility and creativity in the centre.

Can’t argue with any of that really. First twenty minutes, I thought, jeez we have a team here that really could do something. The other seventy, I remembered how annoying we really are. Think we got what we deserved to be honest.

Would drop Derek to 7. He was our best player but not by much and nobody deserves much credit from that. Agree with all the rest.

My main disagreement is the score for Karanka. For me, he deserved no more than a 4.

When he picked Hefele instead of Dawson I had concerns. But also to start with Watson and Colback as a defensive two together, at home, was far too negative again. Other than a very good first 20 minutes, we greatly lacked creativity, energy and intensity in the middle. When it started to go wrong, when it was obvious to everyone, Karanka failed to act, either to change the system or personnel (Geddy for Watson?) Even late on, when it was clear that the game was going away from us, he brought on attacking subs to replace other attacking players (like for like). Lolley was one of our only threats, yet he was subbed. Why? Watson and Colback stayed on!

Then after the game Karanka intimated that the crowd were affecting some players' performances. I'd say if the players are playing with fear, it's more attributable to the manager's failings than the crowd.

AK needs the humility to admit when he gets things wrong. Geddy for Watson seemed obvious, as did not taking Lolley off.

I'd give them all 5. Darikwa repeatedly crossed to the first defender. Osborn fell over twice and gave the ball away on other occasions. The whole team fell apart after a great start and were outplayed by Norwich in the second half.

Pants 6
Darikwa 6
Hefele 5
Fox 8 MOM
Osborn 5 Played too far forwards. Got no help.
Colback 6
Watson 6
Dias 5
Carvalho 7 Didn't do much, but a brilliant pass for the goal
Lolley 7 Great at times, but ran out of steam
Grabban 6 Good first half. No service second half.

After a cracking performance against Boro which showcased all that was good about the squad, we get brought back down to earth with a performance that showcased all that is mediocre about the squad so will the real Nottingham Forest please stand up?

A bit of consistency (the right kind) and this league is pretty much there for the taking...

After a cracking performance against Boro which showcased all that was good about the squad, we get brought back down to earth with a performance that showcased all that is mediocre about the squad so will the real Nottingham Forest please stand up?

A bit of consistency (the right kind) and this league is pretty much there for the taking...

Trouble is you'll find a similar post across a dozen forums this morning.

Typical championship fare, two mediocre sides playing mediocre football. We possibly deserved a draw but hard to really argue with the result. Sometimes you wonder if it is possible to score too early.

Pants: 6.5 functional but never quite dominates as one would hope.

Osborn: 6.5, little wrong, little right.

Fox: 6.5, not at his best with setting the tempo.

Hefele: 6, like Pants needs to command more. Sometimes looks like he can play football, other times looks slow and clumsy.

Darikwa: 7.5, solid again and played a couple of delicious passes.

Watson: 6.5, okish but ultimately lost the midfield battle.

Colback: 6.5, as above.

Lolley: 6.5, looked great for 15 but faded into insignificance.

Dias: 6, flashes of talent, needs consistency and to impose himself more.

Carvalho: 6.5, as above really but early on looked like he was going to run the show.

Grabban: 6.5, got a goal but rarely threatened otherwise.

Subs: 6, little really impact.

Karanka: 6, despite the boos for taking Lolley off he wasn't having a great day. Needs to address our lack of mobility and creativity in the centre.

Think Gueddy will be brought back into CM and Robinson at LB for Bolton - which will a physical battle.

Still not seen Yacob & Tachy, wonder if they may feature against Burton?

Think Gueddy will be brought back into CM and Robinson at LB for Bolton - which will a physical battle.

Still not seen Yacob & Tachy, wonder if they may feature against Burton?

To be fair Osborn didn't add nearly as much going forward as I'd hoped.

Robinson though, needs an attitude adjustment.

To be fair Osborn didn't add nearly as much going forward as I'd hoped.

Robinson though, needs an attitude adjustment.

You'd hope that Karanka would have had a few words about his discipline.

The other option is Janko at LB, but I think he will go with Robinson as Bolton are a very direct side.