Player Scorea v Derby | Page 3 | Vital Football

Player Scorea v Derby

After watching the repeat on ifollow, I'd probably give the whole defence a bit more credit (though Darikwa has to be no more than 6). Pantilimon looked like the keeper we signed, not the dreamer who's been impersonating him. Distribution still very suspect, but alert and decisive with a really good save and another very comfortable one towards the end.

Janko was great, Hefele and Robinson solid, and Colback and Yacob both deserve 9s for the way they got on top and ran the game second half after Huddlestone threatened to dominate for the first 30 minutes. Derby's talented youngsters hardly had a sniff.

Lolley and Grabban have both been a notch below their best form in the last two games. Carvalho was poor against Preston but his pass to Lolley on Monday should have earned us all 3 points. Osborn as always gives endeavour and workrate but has his limitations.

AK deserves 9 for a team selection which surprised most of us but proved to be the right one.
I have seen a few stating that the selection was surprising but I thought the team more or less picked it's self. Due to defensive injuries and bans we only really had 4 actual out and out defenders so more or less had to choose them, then he had to go Colback and Yacob to cover the defense and win the battle in the middle, so we needed Osborn's energy and work ethic (and he shades cash more or less) Grabz Lolz and Carvz are must plays for me, so I think AK's job was easier than it has been for a while? The bench still had some quality but taken on current form I ould not make a case for any of them to start in front of the 11 (Steel and Cash are closest perhaps)