Pinillos | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pinillos

Good player, but due to his injuries - I believe he wanted a longer contract than we were prepared to offer.

He & his agent have been allowed to speak to other clubs - so, no doubt he'll turn up at a new club soon.

Also feel that Traore (if we can get him fit & keep him that way is better), Fox & Manc can offer cover - plus, not really sure that he is as effective as wing back - should that be our preferred formation.

Our Kids Dad - 16/5/2017 11:12

Good player, but due to his injuries - I believe he wanted a longer contract than we were prepared to offer.

He & his agent have been allowed to speak to other clubs - so, no doubt he'll turn up at a new club soon.

Also feel that Traore (if we can get him fit & keep him that way is better), Fox & Manc can offer cover - plus, not really sure that he is as effective as wing back - should that be our preferred formation.

Cohenz and Oz can sort of offer cover as well.

Not offering a contract to an out of contract player when you have others for the same position who are on longer contracts is surely a no-brainer. Especially when you are intent on getting the squad size down.

Can't disagree Nan.

We have FFP to be mindful of and you have to trust MW's judgement - he's been here 2 months 'ish and has certainly started to shape his squad, well in advance of next season - which can only be a positive change on previous years!

I know Dougie had a similar timeframe, but he had to operate under embargo.

Woanz - 16/5/2017 12:03

Our Kids Dad - 16/5/2017 11:12

Cohenz and Oz can sort of offer cover as well.

I think Ben suits the wing back role - not so sure about Cohen now Woanz.

It's a bit of a shame but I think the Evening Post reported he'd made 33 starts in 2 seasons with us. That wouldn't seem to fit with MW's smaller squad policy where everyone has to be available, so I can understand the decision from that point of view.

Nanpantan red - 16/5/2017 13:11

Not offering a contract to an out of contract player when you have others for the same position who are on longer contracts is surely a no-brainer. Especially when you are intent on getting the squad size down.

:14: