'Pie Tax' At Elland Road | Vital Football

'Pie Tax' At Elland Road

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Leeds United fans are in a right pickle over what they are calling 'pie tax' they are being told to pay.

Apparently the fans in the South Stand have had an extra £5 added to their tickets which they can redeem for food and drink at the ground.

Well, not everyone buys food in the ground do they - I don't. It's very rare I've bought a drink at the NYS (hot or cold).

The Football Supporters’ Federation has called on the Football League for clarification as to whether this falls within their guidelines as the FL rules state that clubs must announce their ticket prices before the start of a season and Leeds hadn't done that.

And there are no options to buy a ticket without this £5 for food/drink.

The FSF say, “Leeds United fans already pay some of the highest prices in the Championship and this pushes the price up further. We’d encourage any fans unhappy with this to contact the club and make their thoughts known.”

The clubs response? 'It's only in the South stand. Fans can buy tickets elsewhere in the ground.'

:22:

I really dislike the money grabbing, attitude at Elland Road! So pleased I emigrated from West Yorkshire!