Philips leaving to join Stoke | Vital Football

Philips leaving to join Stoke

Never understood what he did If Rowett thanks he's got one over us he hasn't Three years easy money no responsibility

What are everyone's opinions on Kevin Philps and Wingnut leaving to join up with Snake Rowett?:clown:

Full story here

Snake Rowett? Bit strong and juvenile that - shame on him for taking what he sees as an opportunity to move to a better paid job with better prospects, its a gamble for him and time will tell whether it pays off but of course we fans would never think of doing the same?

As for the moves of the others, firstly we dont know what Lampards plans are, he may well have told them they arent in his plans.

Oh here we go again...Swaley (Real or imaginary) defends Rowett in exactly the same way he defended McClaren.
Face facts man...they both played the ‘Derby card’ and then they both jumped ship the moment a club with seemingly better prospects (i.e more money to spend) came along.
Didn’t do much for McClaren...his bank balance apart...and hopefully it won’t do much for Rowett, but please don’t be surprised when they’re criticised for it.

Snake Rowett? Bit strong and juvenile that - shame on him for taking what he sees as an opportunity to move to a better paid job with better prospects, its a gamble for him and time will tell whether it pays off but of course we fans would never think of doing the same?

As for the moves of the others, firstly we dont know what Lampards plans are, he may well have told them they arent in his plans.
It is what a lot of supporters are calling him Swaley, just reporting fact and he is a little underhanded in the way he dropped everything he has supposedly created here at Derby for a sideways move to another Championship club.

Yes, He most likely upped his pay packet and they have more money (supposedly)to spend on transfers after dropping out of the Premiership but his big wage earners and new mega money signings better perform on the Championship stage or he will be yet another manager who dreamed of the Premiership and ended up fighting relegation from the Championship.

Already splashed out £8M on Etebo who has looked quite good so far at the World Cup.

As for the DCFC backroom squad........ with the exception of goalkeeping coach, Kevin Poole, they have all now left.

DCFC said today that these SIX staff have left --
Assistant Manager Kevin Summerfield
First Team Coach Mark Sale
First Team Coach Kevin Phillips
Head of Performance Analysis Joe Carnall
Head of Performance Dave Carolan
Professional Development Phase Coach Rory Delap

Derbyshire Live confirmed today that these FIVE staff have joined Rowett at Stoke --
Joe Carnall
Dave Carolan
Rory Delap
Kevin Phillips
Mark Sale

Kevin Summerfield is the odd man out, because Rowett has chosen
Callum Davidson from St Johnstone as his assistant manager.

Summerfield is a surprise omission from the list of Stoke's new employees as he has been GR's #2 in all his previous management roles.

Oh here we go again...Swaley (Real or imaginary) defends Rowett in exactly the same way he defended McClaren.
Face facts man...they both played the ‘Derby card’ and then they both jumped ship the moment a club with seemingly better prospects (i.e more money to spend) came along.
Didn’t do much for McClaren...his bank balance apart...and hopefully it won’t do much for Rowett, but please don’t be surprised when they’re criticised for it.

Of course i defend the right of an individual to make career choices according to their own freewill and not based on the fantasy view of the world some football fans have.

I'd thought anyone who values individual freedom and has a realistic view of life would think the same - somehow football managers and player are supposed to be different?

Face facts? McClaren for a start stayed and did not jump ship he was sacked at the end of the season so before you claiming facts perhaps you has better check them?

Ok so I'm the one person (don't believe that for a moment) who happens to think that someone changing jobs is not a crime!

There are some fans who need a sense of perspective, especially given that they are very quick at times to turn on the manager (who they criticise for being disloyal) when results or performances go their way!

It seems to me pure hypocrisy and not a little deluded to slag of a person because you don't like the choice they made - Rowett did everything by the book it seems - got permission to speak to Stoke and Derby got £2 million compo, seems Mel was more than happy with the deal, maybe so called fans ought to be as well?

It is what a lot of supporters are calling him Swaley, just reporting fact and he is a little underhanded in the way he dropped everything he has supposedly created here at Derby for a sideways move to another Championship club.

Yes, He most likely upped his pay packet and they have more money (supposedly)to spend on transfers after dropping out of the Premiership but his big wage earners and new mega money signings better perform on the Championship stage or he will be yet another manager who dreamed of the Premiership and ended up fighting relegation from the Championship.

Bloomer, he did everything by the book, got permission to speak to Stoke, Derby got compo. can't see th eproblem - he took a chance to progress his career, it may or may not work out for him, thats the gamble he takes, but then he could well have been sacked by derby by November, wheres the loyalty then?

Nobody is questioning the right to make career choices Swaley and if you seriously believe McClaren did not create a situation where being sacked was the only option left then I suggest you look more closely.

What people object to, and I think Ram59 made this point well a month or so ago, is the playing of the ‘Derby card’ before jumping ship as soon as the going gets tough.

Both McClaren and Rowett did that...cosied up to Derby with words about how important the club was to them...how it was part of them...part of their history...how it was a job they’d always longed for etc...before looking elsewhere as soon as the opportunity arose and, in McClaren’s case, laughably going through the whole weasel words charade again with Newcastle. That is where any hypocrisy lies.

If, as I ultimately hope and expect, Lampard makes a go of things and gets head hunted elsewhere will I feel the same? No...because I understand he has come to do a job and at the same time further his career.
He is here because the set up at Derby suits his agenda.
Potentially and historically a ‘big club’ with a great stadium, training facilities and fan base, if he can turn us round then people will sit up and take notice, but he hasn’t arrived with any pretence about how important Derby is to him.
Like Gerrard at Rangers, they are both starting their managerial careers at more high profile clubs than might usually be the case because it suits both parties and, unlike McClaren and Rowett, no one is pretending otherwise.

Bloomer, he did everything by the book, got permission to speak to Stoke, Derby got compo. can't see th eproblem - he took a chance to progress his career, it may or may not work out for him, thats the gamble he takes, but then he could well have been sacked by derby by November, wheres the loyalty then?

Which is why I have thought, ever since the day it was announced that Stoke had asked for permission and Mel agreed, that this particular move suited Mel's agenda and saved him a packet on compensation. He wasn't happy with the less than sparkling football the club was serving up to the fans.

The point is he didn't have to leave, Mel had backed him with everything he wanted. He just saw the big bucks of a team with parachute payments and dropped Derby like a stone.

I don't blame him but I can't forgive him, just the same as I will never forgive McClaren for running off to Newcastle behind everyone's back. The only people with true loyalty are the supporters.

Latest Rams News