Perquis | Page 4 | Vital Football

Perquis

factchecker - 23/6/2017 09:35

mao tse tung - 22/6/2017 22:46

Mills is comfortably the worst defender I have had the misfortune to see in the Garibaldi since some of those c*nts who played for Megson.

Are we restricting to centre halves? Thomas Lam, Danny Collins, Greg Halford, Kevin Gomis (I'd guess) Ayala (for us, not for others).

I'd take Mills on his worst day ahead of any of those on their best.

Gomis played one game so it would be a bit difficult to draw a comparison.

Halford and Ayala were comfortably better than Mills.

Collins had huge deficiencies but you could not fault his effort or attitude.

Lam played 19 games half of which were in midfield; his main downfall as a defender was due to physicality not ability.

Mills falls down on just about every aspect apart from heading ability.

Our Kids Dad - 23/6/2017 10:36

At this level, you need a no nonsense defender - Mills ticks that box - he also adds a goal threat from set pieces (when delivery is right).

Last season the constant chopping & changing, coupled with injuries etc never allow the CH's to build a solid pairing.

Perquis did ok, but is not good enough for Championship.

Worrall is OK - but, guilty of as many mistakes, probably more - than Mills, but because he is 'academy' he gets more leeway. Work In Progress.

Manc - quality defender, with pace and reads a game well (can't pass for toffee) and really suits a back three - his own versatility can be his downfall.

Hobbs - his absences (for the majority of the time) was not down to injuries or lack of fitness last season.

Individual errors played a huge part in our defensive frailties last season and all defenders weighed in with their own contribution, including the likes of Lichaj, Fox, Pinilos and Traore.

Some played a much larger part than others though and Mills was a leading contributor.

I started to go through last seasons games attributing blame for goals conceded but it got too depressing; nevertheless, by the time I had got to Christmas, Mills was in an almost unassailable lead.

Worrall did start to make more and more errors as the season progressed, most notably the huge fook up against QPR away.

I would be a little more forgiving towards him than some of the others, not because of his age, but because he was willing to show a little leadership when others around him did not want to know.

The QPR game was a good example; Mancienne was having a torrid time marking his opponent and Joe was constantly having to help out.

Of course his mistake led to their first goal and became the focus of everyone's attention; all of the good work he did up to that point counted for nothing.

I would be totally confident that of all of our defenders, Worrall will be the one to learn from his mistakes and improve out of all recognition.

watched Worrall playing for England in that recent tournament. happened a few times where he gave the ball away in dangerous areas. hopefully he can eradicate this from his game. lack of concentration.

the jock - 23/6/2017 11:34

watched Worrall playing for England in that recent tournament. happened a few times where he gave the ball away in dangerous areas. hopefully he can eradicate this from his game. lack of concentration.

That's about the size of it Jock

There is little wrong with his overall game; he covers all of the basics very well.

Its the unforced errors that are letting him down and they are most probably concentration issues

mao tse tung - 23/6/2017 10:38

There is little wrong with his overall game; he covers all of the basics very well.

Its the unforced errors that are letting him down and they are most probably concentration issues

He's a learner, long way to go, it would help if he had a better side than ours to play with. What would help him is a good older player alongside to provide a bit of mentoring. Might be that even Liverpool would fix it!

Don't ask and don't respond.

He's definitely one for the future, even I can see that from here.

Our Kids Dad - 23/6/2017 10:38

Traore - if we ever get him fully fit, consistently - probably the best defender at the club - CH, back 3 or LB, LWB.

I think he one or two good games if that, I didn't see any consistency at all, and like you said need to be fully fit, he plays one game then out for a couple of months.

And dread to think how much we are paying him to sit in stands. Crazy signing

mao tse tung - 23/6/2017 12:38

His young age must play a big part in that.
He'll come good.