Passing the buck | Vital Football

Passing the buck

Canary Kevin

Vital Squad Member
This is what DF had to say.

"The goals we have conceded have been too cheap. But it wasn't anything to do with our tactical behaviour. It was individuals within our back row. It's a topic we have to work on
NOT DF fault then"

Last edited:
This is what DF had to say.

"The goals we have conceded have been too cheap. But it wasn't anything to do with our tactical behaviour. It was individuals within our back row. It's a topic we have to work on
NOT DF fault then"
It does sound like DF is getting desperate. most of the time he has defended his players but talking about the error of Tzolis for 15 minutes and now this.

He isn't 100% wrong the defence has been crap.

He always says that they are working on the issues but nothing changes. Last week he said they worked all week on defence mentality/strength and 3 minutes into the Liverpool game they score from crap defending.

He also said that he was pleased that the players had learnt from their mistakes against Watford in the Liverpool game - I saw three more soft goals, Daniel

He thought the formation worked well against the Liverpool infant school:

"The fact we played with this set up for the first time with fringe players, I think it worked pretty well."

I wonder what the score will be if things don’t work pretty well in a game
doesn't bear thinking about.

Oh and those fringe players - Hanley - Gibson - Omobamidele - Giannoulis - Mumba (Give him that one) - Gilmour - Rupp - Lees-Melou - Gunn (Give him that one) - Idah (Give him that one) - Tzolis

It is hardly the majority of the lineup that are fringe players. 3 of the 11.

doesn't bear thinking about.

Oh and those fringe players - Hanley - Gibson - Omobamidele - Giannoulis - Mumba (Give him that one) - Gilmour - Rupp - Lees-Melou - Gunn (Give him that one) - Idah (Give him that one) - Tzolis

It is hardly the majority of the lineup that are fringe players. 3 of the 11.
Exactly Bears