Oxford C | Vital Football

Oxford C

billytwodogs

Vital Squad Member
Not sure about this one, it could be either a walk in the park or a banana skin.

They seem to have adjusted to the league after an unsettled start. Some decent results against difficult opposition, narrow defeats [after the initial baptism of fire] then tightening it up with a couple of draws, opening up a usually boring and tiresome to break down Boreham Wood before a high scoring draw at Solihull.

They appear to have picked up their momentum so should be an entertaining encounter. They banking on us being poorer away from home, we allowing complacency to knock & enter, who knows.
I’m taking us for the win, there will be goals but only one will separate both sides methinks :red:

Despite Pools recent good results, I suspect the "wheels will come off" in this encounter. For all the usual reasons, long journey, injuries, loss of form, difficult pitch, etc.
As you say Billy2, Oxford City do seem to have found their feet after a difficult start to the season so I fully expect a loss for Pools - albeit a narrow one.

Plastic pitch may see pools come unstuck. Oxford just starting to find form. Probs a narrow loss, I fear.

Have the wheels come off?
Or is today's result an aberration?

Think today's result demonstrates the need for some extra players, in midfield and defence.

Not sure what’s going on with this one. However the writing was on the wall, in bold, italics and underlined, see my previous post apart from the last bit of course and the bold, italics and underlined bit

Was it an experiment which blew up in the manager’s face, are we so strapped [not for cash] but for playing staff good enough to get a game.
No sign of Burton, who I thought was Askey’s signing
Umerah must be out of favour, Ferguson out of position?

If it was an experiment, not forgetting it’s this type of team we need to be beating, according to Askey, I’d be slotting Seaman into the void left by MancinI, as he seems to be willing to run at defenders. I’d be playing a CB as a CB. Askey knows better than I do and we’ll just have to trust him but we seem to be having age old issues coming round again and again……square peg and round hole syndrome
:red: