Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3321 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

So Leeds get battered 4-0 by QPR yet their XG is better! Further proof that this stat is an absolute load of bollox
Most stats are though, they get rolled out to try and "prove" a point or make something look better or worse than it is. Not just football either.
It's like leading goal scorers, they now start adding "assists" to the tally to make players look better or worse than others, we do it with Ollie by adding his assists but when it comes to Palmer we say 9 of his 20 goals were pens, Bottom line he has one more goal than Ollie but Ollie has more goals in Europe because Palmer plays for a side that didn't make it that to Europe.
You can "prove" any point you like with stats.

I think he was great for us, feel for him not getting a game in the PL after getting Us and Boro promoted

A player I always liked but definitely wasn't going to contribute much in the Premier league. I'd probably have preferred him over Jota though to be fair. His goals dragged us through the first two thirds of that second championship season as well. Great goal against the blues also.

Just trawled through the BBC football website, and not a single solitary mention of Aston Villa. The rest of the the Premier League, lower leagues and every female footballer in the world gets a mention for some shit or other, Aston Villa, no.

Just trawled through the BBC football website, and not a single solitary mention of Aston Villa. The rest of the the Premier League, lower leagues and every female footballer in the world gets a mention for some shit or other, Aston Villa, no.
I'm just trying to remember if Newcastle got blanked this much last year? Or if Leicester got blanked for their freak win? I don't think these clubs were ignored at all to be honest.

There is definitely an anti villa theme.