Osborn and Brereton this season. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Osborn and Brereton this season.

LyttleByLyttle - 9/8/2017 17:14

Lol, you do struggle with basic conversion sometimes.

There is nothing to suggest that BB becoming a more rounded player improves his value. If he becomes the 1 in 5 or 1 in 7 striker or whatever he currently is then his value will only deteriorate.

Selling BB gives us more room for manoeuvre in FFP.

Surprised that someone who has talked about a prudent and financially sound running of the club can be so short sighted.

Basic conversion? If you didn't struggle with basic literacy I might be able to follow your nonsense...

Selling him effectively when his value is at its highest point is optimum during his contract. I'm deeply skeptical that means selling now, nor this season. Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise?

We have four years to develop and sell BB, there isn't as far as I'm aware an immediate need to sell, again do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise?

Given that you clearly don't, then the optimum strategy is to develop the player fully, which includes working on a whole host of skills, some of which he'll be able to work on from a wider position, away from the responsibility of being our main goal provider.

If he's still stuck out wide in a season or twos time we can have this conversation again. Not after one league game...

I've not seen us play 4-2-3-1 in any of the games under Warburton. When we've played a back 4, it's been Vaughan holding with two in front. Even when Cohen has played, he's been in advance of Vaughan.

When we've played a back 3, we sometimes used two DM's but in that system Osborn played wide.

Shape v Millwall: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGadyTrXsAU6pLF.jpg

id play cummings n ben up front

ideally id play ozzie insdie left of a 5 man midfield.

weve had these same defenders for years and i always figured wed be better with 3 centre halves and let teams get wide n put the ball in that 3 big lads can defend against.. O course you need 3 who will stick thier face n heads in the way, hobbs, mills/fox n worral could do that now i reckon, defend the 6 yard box between em.

-- ----------------Smith-----------------
---------Worrell hobbs mills ---------
licaj/Darikwa-----------------McKay
New Player Osborn
- -Cummings Brereton ---