Orient v Pompey - FOOTBALL TALK!! | Vital Football

Orient v Pompey - FOOTBALL TALK!!

pompeyrug

Alert Team
can we make it three in a row?

i cannot remember the last time we managed this, altho a point would be a good return and i would take that!

IF, and it is a big if, we can make it a hat-trick of wins i reckon we MIGHT just get enough points to bring those 10pts into play this season...

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16496" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Orient v Pompey</b></a>.

In this league anyone can beat anyone so confidence is Vital. Some tougher games to come against promotion seekers, who might be nervous.

Points are there to be gathered why not start at Brisbane Road - not won there since 1975!

Optimistic we get something out of this game... 1-1 for me but hope big Pat and DC can keep the winning run going! Maybe Jed is due another goal too.. here's hoping!!

a point would be a good return, but at this stage we need wins really.

obviously a point is better than defeat but in many ways we are at a point where we need wins so a anything other than a win does not make much difference really...

Well we managed to lose a game that we could and SHOULD have won
No biased opinion,if we had not set them up for their goal they would not have scored

One thing made me chuckle although i hope he does not read it as it won't do his confidence any good
Eastwood could not wait to race to go up for our corner in injury time - what did he expect to achieve?
He can't even win a ball in our box when he is allowed to use his hands!!!

It's a shame, I was hoping for at least a draw, but mistakes happen. Especially with younger players, no matter how promising and talented. Butler will be cursing himself, but hopefully will have learnt by it.

This team is definitely a vast improvement on what's been before, and getting harder to beat by the game. Unfortunately, we're at the wrong end of the season.

Considering the circumstances that 'still' exist, and the size of the squad, these guys are really giving it a go. That'll do me... :35:

Re Eastwood, the guy has pulled off some exceptional saves, but lets himself down with his positioning and ineffective control of his area. He really could/needs to improve in those areas. As mentioned in another thread... David James is free... :35:

Hard to be too tough when they are giving it such a go.

Shame for Butler & the team, but these things happens.

Does feel like the team is finally gelling. Like has been said, shame it is so late in the season.

But to be fair this is the 3rd or 4th team we have built this season!!

about the gate

Just about sums up Barry Hearn that he thinks he can complain about the Olympic stadium not being offered to them!

2 thousand odd of them and never made a sound,just as well we had over 1,100 or i dread to think how bad it could have been

Eastwood got a right clump from a set play, if he had enough about him he would have been aiming for the twot who got him but he just does not command that box.Shame as he has improved but he has to have a presence
If he could be like Ertl was we would have a keeper
Orient were sh1t scared of him!!!!!

Still find it tough to understand how we lost that game but the youngsters will take the errors harder i suspect