Opening League Fixture - Colchester | Vital Football

Opening League Fixture - Colchester

New ground and I'm on holiday - :anger: :anger:

Working 1 weekend in 4 I'm missing 5 home and 5 away games next season.

The away games are Sheff Utd & Cov, Wigan, Oldham & Millwank.

Think the fixture list has been quite kind to us tbh. Already noted the aways I would like to do. Will probably do Colchester.

When I worked in Chelmsford we used to take them from MCTC - I always got tipped the wink when the army were bringing us one and got them on to my wings as cleaners - they were shit hot for a month until they became like the rest of the population.

Spent a bit of time in our own glass house, hours every day polishing a 200lb artillery shell, weeding the 2 acre drill square with a spoon, scraping paint off my Kiwi polish tin and polishing it up with Brasso until it was like looking in a mirror just to mention a few tedious tasks!

Later became part of the Regimental Police and with complete irony one of the staff who beasted us all spent time under our charge! :grins:

The lad who is my old school pal is ex military police probably before your time,when he came out went into the prison service.

I was for a short time Regimental Police Prem. Military Police, they call themselves Red Caps, to everyone else "monkeys," are an entirely different bag. Not well liked to say the least!

I got in a scrape in Aldershot with a pal who was later sent to Colly and when the great big monkey who was from prescum found out I was from Blackpool I thought I was going to get sent there too! Orrible Herbert! :bang:

SeasideEssexXile - 18/6/2015 17:05

When I worked in Chelmsford we used to take them from MCTC - I always got tipped the wink when the army were bringing us one and got them on to my wings as cleaners - they were shit hot for a month until they became like the rest of the population.

Just saw this and had to post. I was one of those squaddies who spent some time in HMP Chelmsford before being shipped back up north. Don't know how good as a wing cleaner!

Took a bit of time to adjust from Army life but didn't get too hard a time even with being an ex squaddie and a northerner!