On This Day In 2017 - Anderson & Habergham v Torquay United | Vital Football

On This Day In 2017 - Anderson & Habergham v Torquay United

Stunning end to the match to be followed soon after by an incredible final few minutes at Gateshead to almost clinch it. So many late goals scored that season to gain vital points.

Those two Easter games summed up the character of that team: they were knackered, but somehow found a way. The commentator there uses the term 'emotional rollercoaster', and that is what it was. I remember sitting with Jules in a pub in Newcastle after the Gateshead game, and we looked and felt drained.

It is easy to forget what a good player Habergham was too. I will never forget that free kick, I was right behind it. In as soon as it left his boot.

I remember sitting with Jules in a pub in Newcastle after the Gateshead game, and we looked and felt drained.

Got to Newcastle before 09:00 that day! When I got back on the train in Newcastle I located my seat, then went to the bar. I bought wine, then went back to my seat but didn't have a bloody clue where it was because I was just a tad drunk, so I stayed at the bar until I had to get off!

I was also in there quite early on too. Fairly quiet when I arrived but heaving by the time I left....full of red and white. There was a big Lincoln flag draped over the bannister which the staff kept taking down. Moved to the Schooner in Gateshead from there