Oh Dear Villa | Vital Football

Oh Dear Villa

Oh dear! It is bad :26:

Ditch Gabby in the summer. Pay off Richards. The other three are probably worth it, although with Jedinak's injury problems you do wonder.

Interesting that Hutton isn't on the list.

In his first season our performances depended on whether or not he was able to play. We ended up only 11 points off relegation but 18 off the top 6. Without him it could have been a much closer thing.

So I think he was worth it. Whether he's worth it in future with us is a different matter. Think Thor or somebody like Thor gives us a better balanced side.

McParlandTheGreat - 27/2/2018 17:37

Oh dear! It is bad :26:

Ditch Gabby in the summer. Pay off Richards. The other three are probably worth it, although with Jedinak's injury problems you do wonder.

Interesting that Hutton isn't on the list.

Hutton took a big pay cut to re-sign a few years back. Gotta love the man’s loyalty to a club who treated him like garbage under Lamberk.

From the accounts:

Players/Managers/Directors/Coaches £52m (175 of them)

Take 145 of those lesser paid U23s/coaches/scouts etc being a total of £10m per annum

Leaves £42m between 30 first teamers at an average of £27k per week. That's high for the league but is a legacy from our years in the PL and doesn't sound extortionate if you look at it this way. Also these are last years accounts, I would expect that average to come down next year as they have been rationalising.

Read in the Birmingham mail that Richards is on £35k a week.. still way too much but £1m a year less than that video so I would question the accuracy of it, although we all know how bad some of the management has been in the past at villa so none of this is a surprise really