Good Morning Thread | Page 368 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning all, wevver nice n sunny, its got its hat on, anyway Walt am here a bit late I know, sorry about Mrs Walt, ligaments are a pain lol! only jesting, hope she gets better soon.

Talking of ligaments or sprains our Bullhound did summat similar during the week to his right leg, attempting to go up the stairs to quickly, stepped on step to earlier, put pressure on, lo n behold mighty yelp! next couple of days paw up, feel sorry for me, so quiet for us, no running about like a loony, but all ok now back to being a pain in the arse lol!

muttley love the sign, should be written every where!

Was up at the crack of dawn today, Mrs PY required that I cook a Beef n New Spuds stew/hotpot for tonights dinner, grannies recipe lol! so chopped up a Beef joint, cleaned off mini New Spuds, chopped Carrots, Onions, Celery, added tins of garden Peas and Sweetcorn, made a gravy, all into Slow cooker, good mix about, lovely smell abounds now of cooking.

Got a wake/funeral next week for our oppo I told you about a couple of weeks ago.

Am off up the Eville in a mo to do my Saturday chores oh! not forgetting a cuppa with a couple of oppo's, normal thing eh!

Look after yourselves and kin, not forgetting ya oppo's, cheers all.

Morning all, wevver nice n sunny, its got its hat on, anyway Walt am here a bit late I know, sorry about Mrs Walt, ligaments are a pain lol! only jesting, hope she gets better soon.

Talking of ligaments or sprains our Bullhound did summat similar during the week to his right leg, attempting to go up the stairs to quickly, stepped on step to earlier, put pressure on, lo n behold mighty yelp! next couple of days paw up, feel sorry for me, so quiet for us, no running about like a loony, but all ok now back to being a pain in the arse lol!

Was up at the crack of dawn today, Mrs PY required that I cook a Beef n New Spuds stew/hotpot for tonights dinner, grannies recipe lol! so chopped up a Beef joint, cleaned off mini New Spuds, chopped Carrots, Onions, Celery, added tins of garden Peas and Sweetcorn, made a gravy, all into Slow cooker, good mix about, lovely smell abounds now of cooking.

Got a wake/funeral next week for our oppo I told you about a couple of weeks ago.

Am off up the Eville in a mo to do my Saturday chores oh! not forgetting a cuppa with a couple of oppo's, normal thing eh!

I was salivating until you said the word "sweetcorn".

Probably because I used to use it as fishing bait when I was a kid. Most of the time I left a half used tin in my tackle box. It's not a pleasant sight or smell after a few weeks. Like all tackle boxes, including cricket :LOL:

I was salivating until you said the word "sweetcorn".

Probably because I used to use it as fishing bait when I was a kid. Most of the time I left a half used tin in my tackle box. It's not a pleasant sight or smell after a few weeks. Like all tackle boxes, including cricket :LOL:
muttley there's a ditto there, I used to use "sweetcorn" as bait also, mind I love the stuff eesp off the Cob!
Tackle boxes as in Cricket there's a discussion there me thinks lol!

I really think Meee snd Perryman should do this. I will send all three of my children on it when the boys graduate.

You should be on the tele , Pompey , with those recipes and cooking skills . Sounds a lot better than all those other things I see and hear about .
Tiny bit of meat , sprig of seaweed with a fancy bit of something sprawled all around the edge . Then charge fifty quid for it.

Morning all , woke up to a lot of grey this morning . My wife said she does that every day !

Match day today. I don’t remember the last time I wasn’t looking forward to a game as much as I am now .

We are off out for lunch today , our favourite restaurant at Whitely ,
Just outside Fareham .

It’s a nice open air , shopping mall, (if a mall can be open air ) …… if it had a roof , it would be a mall, but it ain’t ….. so I suppose it’s a shopping centre ,…….. but without any food shops or charity shops or empty , boarded up places .

There are plenty of open air cafes , interesting street scenes , quirky bronze figurines dotted about .

It’s a nice atmosphere .

The car parks are free , they are always fairly full , but they are huge , three of them .
It’s been very well thought out ….., Avenues to walk along , trees and shrubs in ornamental vast tubs . .

Good array of shops , clothes , kids and adult , sports , books , jewellers , mix of independent and brand stores . ….. cinema , lots of restaurants……..

I’m not getting paid to write this !!!!!

Any how , we should be back for the game , but I’m not feeling too bothered if we’re not .
That’s a bit sad ennit .

Wife’s wrist is a lot better today , I put a support on it yesterday and we didn’t do any work in the garden .
The rest has done her good . It’s not so painful this morning . ……. The danger of me having to wipe her bum has gone !!!!!!!!!!
It’s difficult with the “wrong “ hand ….. apparently !
I can honestly say I’ve never thought about that !! ….Well you don’t , do you .

We took her Mum to a couple of garden centres , it was a glorious day , we had a good walk about and bought our winter bedding plants.
These garden centres know how to charge , making up for the lockdowns I suppose .
They are all gearing up for Christmas ,… lights , , decorations , giant Santa’s everywhere .

I don’t like that …… far too early . Halloween seems to have been skipped this year , or am I too late , has that one been and gone in the shops ?

Hope you all have a good day , Hope Harry finally wakes up from his holidays , ……………….was selling Sissoko a mistake !!

Take care all …. Look after each other.
Don’t let the buggers get you down .

Morning all, aye its wet n dank up ere on the hill, was heavy rain earlier, drizzly stuff now.

Walt what I would give to go out with Mrs PY, it would be an adventure! the agrophobia thing is really getting hold of her, it seems no matter what, she is scared stiff of the outside, not the back garden though.

Any how result of yesterday's Hotpot/stew, Mrs PY loved said it was yummy, but I thought the gravy/sauce it was cooked in was bit to rich, thus overcoming all the other flavours, so next time less Herbs, think I learnt a lesson there, live n learn or what.

Walt the sort of cooking your talking about Cordon Bleuree, total crap! had some of it years ago and embarrassed Mrs PY when I asked for the rest of the meal, Waiter wasn't to impressed lol!

Am also wiv ya Walt regards the game this after! not looking forward or even bothered about it, oh the life n times of a THFC fan.

Right time to go n cook late breakie, its Sunday after all.

Keep safe all, the wevver may be dank and dreary but that doesn't mean we have to be, wait till after the match later lol!
Stay safe all.

Morning all,
Another glorious day today ….
We were actually sunbathing in the garden yesterday.
We did all our bits and bobs , and made time to get the chairs out and relax in the sun .
It was lovely out . !!!!!

“They “ are building a new road around here at the moment , the Stubbington Bypass !
Stubbington is a tiny “village “where we used to live eight years ago , why it needs a bypass I haven’t a clue ….. but it’s getting one, at a cost of something like eighty million pounds . !!!

A lot of it is being built alongside the existing road and it’s causing a lot of traffic build up … it’s interesting to watch them whilst sitting there .
There was a bloke the other day using a GPS ‘stick’ to make a spray paint mark on the new tarmac road to show where the new road markings have to go .
It made me think how they would have done it in the past .
Tape measure I suppose …….. now it takes two of them to do it , one to hold the stick and one to manage the tricky procedure of holding the can and pressing the button on the top.

They have to check the space between each marking by using signals from a satellite in space ……. Wondrous.

Then there are the temporary traffic lights that they set up to allow them some safety space while they are working near the passing traffic , ….all well and good , but they don’t turn them off when they all bugger off for the day .
I went to BnQ last night for some more compost and , there I was , sitting at a red light with an open road in front of me and not a soul about .
I was just about to go through it , when it decided to change ., but I knew if I had jumped the red light, a copper would have fallen out of a tree in front of me .
They do , don’t they . Never see them from one week to the next …..

They have been building this thing for about a year now , and it ain’t due for completion till next spring ……, fuck knows where it goes if it’s going to take that long , … it must take a detour around Inverness or somewhere .

,anyhow , take care , look after each other.

I forgot to mention that other stores , other than BnQ are available!!!

Last edited:
Afternoon all, just got back from the Doc's well Nurse's at the surgery, yes a face to face appointment, lucky me lol! had a blood pressure test, all ok, and me yearly Flu jab, that's me for another year.

Hey Walt! that bloody by-pass I thought it was all done n dusted, obviously not according to your report, shows how long its been since I trekked over to your part of the world.

Mrs PY got a phone call earlier regards her "eye! new lens opp" next week, it seems a whole team of nurses are coming to our gaff on Monday next to do a number of tests etc, procedure before opp apparently, it seems me n the Bull Hound have to keep out of the way, only Mrs PY's daily Carer allowed in, strange as Hubby n Wifey live in the same place, ah well never mind they have their rules.

Keep safe all and look after each other.

Afternoon chaps!
Just got out of court for one of our cases. 18 bloody months this has been going on. Only for the parent to concede before having to give evidence.
He should have done that 18 months ago and saved everyone a load of hassle and a load of taxpayers money. Nice bloke. But has learning difficulties and lawyers who are charging by the hour.
Anyway. Its all sorted now. Child staying put.
I am gonna pick youngest up from school then have a beer whilst I wait biting my nails for eldest to come home from big school!

Afternoon all, just got back from the Doc's well Nurse's at the surgery, yes a face to face appointment, lucky me lol! had a blood pressure test, all ok, and me yearly Flu jab, that's me for another year.

Hey Walt! that bloody by-pass I thought it was all done n dusted, obviously not according to your report, shows how long its been since I trekked over to your part of the world.

Mrs PY got a phone call earlier regards her "eye! new lens opp" next week, it seems a whole team of nurses are coming to our gaff on Monday next to do a number of tests etc, procedure before opp apparently, it seems me n the Bull Hound have to keep out of the way, only Mrs PY's daily Carer allowed in, strange as Hubby n Wifey live in the same place, ah well never mind they have their rules.

Keep safe all and look after each other.
I’ve never known a bit of road take so long . As I am driving around , I can see the start of it and the other end of it a bit further along . It’s no more than three miles long , or should be ,,…… that’s why I’m saying that for the time it’s taking it must take a detour round Scotland somewhere .
It’s not due for completion until NEXT SPRING …..mind you , I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more than four blokes working on it at any one time .

Morning all,
Another glorious day today ….
We were actually sunbathing in the garden yesterday.
We did all our bits and bobs , and made time to get the chairs out and relax in the sun .
It was lovely out . !!!!!

“They “ are building a new road around here at the moment , the Stubbington Bypass !
Stubbington is a tiny “village “where we used to live eight years ago , why it needs a bypass I haven’t a clue ….. but it’s getting one, at a cost of something like eighty million pounds . !!!

A lot of it is being built alongside the existing road and it’s causing a lot of traffic build up … it’s interesting to watch them whilst sitting there .
There was a bloke the other day using a GPS ‘stick’ to make a spray paint mark on the new tarmac road to show where the new road markings have to go .
It made me think how they would have done it in the past .
Tape measure I suppose …….. now it takes two of them to do it , one to hold the stick and one to manage the tricky procedure of holding the can and pressing the button on the top.

They have to check the space between each marking by using signals from a satellite in space ……. Wondrous.

Then there are the temporary traffic lights that they set up to allow them some safety space while they are working near the passing traffic , ….all well and good , but they don’t turn them off when they all bugger off for the day .
I went to BnQ last night for some more compost and , there I was , sitting at a red light with an open road in front of me and not a soul about .
I was just about to go through it , when it decided to change ., but I knew if I had jumped the red light, a copper would have fallen out of a tree in front of me .
They do , don’t they . Never see them from one week to the next …..

They have been building this thing for about a year now , and it ain’t due for completion till next spring ……, fuck knows where it goes if it’s going to take that long , … it must take a detour around Inverness or somewhere .

,anyhow , take care , look after each other.

I forgot to mention that other stores , other than BnQ are available!!!

LOL...sunbathing, That went out in the 80's in Australia during the skin cancer campaign. " Slip Slop Slap".

Slip on a shirt
Slap on sun screen
Slap on a hat.

Especially in Queensland where we have the highest levels of melanoma in the world, caused by too much vitamin D. When we drive 1800km north to Cairns or 1100km north to the Whitsundays, the sun is even more potent, with warning everywhere.

I bough a little Audi TT Quattro 6 speed manual on the weekend for a song. Just thought it would be a good idea to flip it & make a few grand. I advertised it the minute I got back from the 250km round trip, and was inundated with inquiries. 99% were complete time wasters, and friends of the guy I bought it from, who's seen me advertise it for $3000 more than what I gave him.
On the Sunday, one guy said via social media, he'd be coming to see the car with cash, and said he's on his way. I rushed back from my son's football game to meet him, but I said ring me when your 5 mins away from my suburb, and I'll give you my address. He messaged me and I game him my address. 20 mins later he said he couldn't find my street number, then said he was in the wrong street. I asked him to use his GPS on his phone.
He said his Nan was using the phone and giving him directions and was rubbish at it! Very suspicious I thought, but gave him the benefit of the doubt and said to tell me where he was and I'll come and get him. He must've googled a place near me, gave me a spot to meet him and said "that would be very nice if you could do that". So I hopped in the car and drove around for 15 mins but he was not there. He then refused to answer his phone or reply to messages. 1 hour went by then he messaged me to say that I was ripping him off and to go and get F**ked. ....lovely. I just don't understand some people.

As tempting as it was Walt, you were right in not going through that red light. As you say, there's never a copper around when you need them, but they pop out from nowhere when you don't.

Hoping yourself and PY are "allotting" and reaping the rewards of your green fingers.

I guess the nights are "closing in" now in the UK (as my parents used to say in Scotland), as our nights over here are stretching out. We don't enjoy the degree of summer day light as the UK, but still 10 weeks away from summer here.

'80, sitting outside with a fire at -6 degrees sounds wonderful, with a wee dram of course. We have an outside fire pit near the pool, but it did not get the use it deserved this winter. My fault as I just couldn't be arsed with all the stress of out Govt and the impact on our businesses. I need to cope better, but with poor health, well you know, I'm just getting by some days.

Took the Mustang out for the mandatory weekend blast on Sunday, after being mucked about by lunatics on Facebook market place. Blew off plenty of steam and cleared my head.

Well, it's hump day (Wednesday) as the Aussies call it, and I just hope y'all have a great week. I pray that everyone is in good health, and on the mend if you're not feeling the best. My love and kind wishes to all my VS family.

Yes I know the weekends result & 2nd half performance was hard to take, but Spurs are reaping what we've sown, and will continue to do so, until some dramatic changes are made and Nuno grows a pair.

Better go and look like I'm doing some work, as the boss will be in soon.

Take care of yourselves and each other.

Keep smiling and live life for today.:cheers::party:

Attachments

• GT Mustang.jpg
    GT Mustang.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 2
  • GT Mustang 1.jpg
    GT Mustang 1.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 2
  • GT Mustang 2.jpg
    GT Mustang 2.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 1
LOL...sunbathing, That went out in the 80's in Australia during the skin cancer campaign. " Slip Slop Slap".

Slip on a shirt
Slap on sun screen
Slap on a hat.

Especially in Queensland where we have the highest levels of melanoma in the world, caused by too much vitamin D. When we drive 1800km north to Cairns or 1100km north to the Whitsundays, the sun is even more potent, with warning everywhere.

I bough a little Audi TT Quattro 6 speed manual on the weekend for a song. Just thought it would be a good idea to flip it & make a few grand. I advertised it the minute I got back from the 250km round trip, and was inundated with inquiries. 99% were complete time wasters, and friends of the guy I bought it from, who's seen me advertise it for $3000 more than what I gave him.
On the Sunday, one guy said via social media, he'd be coming to see the car with cash, and said he's on his way. I rushed back from my son's football game to meet him, but I said ring me when your 5 mins away from my suburb, and I'll give you my address. He messaged me and I game him my address. 20 mins later he said he couldn't find my street number, then said he was in the wrong street. I asked him to use his GPS on his phone.
He said his Nan was using the phone and giving him directions and was rubbish at it! Very suspicious I thought, but gave him the benefit of the doubt and said to tell me where he was and I'll come and get him. He must've googled a place near me, gave me a spot to meet him and said "that would be very nice if you could do that". So I hopped in the car and drove around for 15 mins but he was not there. He then refused to answer his phone or reply to messages. 1 hour went by then he messaged me to say that I was ripping him off and to go and get F**ked. ....lovely. I just don't understand some people.

As tempting as it was Walt, you were right in not going through that red light. As you say, there's never a copper around when you need them, but they pop out from nowhere when you don't.

Hoping yourself and PY are "allotting" and reaping the rewards of your green fingers.

I guess the nights are "closing in" now in the UK (as my parents used to say in Scotland), as our nights over here are stretching out. We don't enjoy the degree of summer day light as the UK, but still 10 weeks away from summer here.

'80, sitting outside with a fire at -6 degrees sounds wonderful, with a wee dram of course. We have an outside fire pit near the pool, but it did not get the use it deserved this winter. My fault as I just couldn't be arsed with all the stress of out Govt and the impact on our businesses. I need to cope better, but with poor health, well you know, I'm just getting by some days.

Took the Mustang out for the mandatory weekend blast on Sunday, after being mucked about by lunatics on Facebook market place. Blew off plenty of steam and cleared my head.

Well, it's hump day (Wednesday) as the Aussies call it, and I just hope y'all have a great week. I pray that everyone is in good health, and on the mend if you're not feeling the best. My love and kind wishes to all my VS family.

Yes I know the weekends result & 2nd half performance was hard to take, but Spurs are reaping what we've sown, and will continue to do so, until some dramatic changes are made and Nuno grows a pair.

Better go and look like I'm doing some work, as the boss will be in soon.

Take care of yourselves and each other.

Keep smiling and live life for today.:cheers::party:
Thanks Hod , always enjoy your posts , take care mate . Hump day , ha ha , never heard that before . Have a good hump day !

Morning all been a bit busy recently but the pressures of daily retirement life have eased. Totally pissed at Greavsie leaving us to see this bunch of posers we call our team without him!

Funny eh! CO2 shortage yet apparently the atmosphere is full of the stuff ....and causing all sorts of climate change issues! :balloon::loser:...a load of hot air!

A mate asked me why he can't play half of his songs on his newer dearer Walkman ...I looked at it and apparently whilst they play ok on his old one (but battery is getting iffy now so time for an upgrade.) many refuse to play on the newby. Seems the newby SW (thats software!) does not mind MP3 format but does not like WMA. So found a free bulk converter and wizzed his old sony files into it and got the same number out (good start) loaded them on the newby and gave it back to him. A panic phone call from him.....Greavsie all the music is there and plays but every record cuts short at about 3 minutes of play! Wot the Fcuk!.

So take it all back and uninstall the shite free converter software and look around again. Three converter attemps later BINGO ...all files (1000 of the buggers) converted fully to MP3 format. ...original attempt had the 1500 files but only took 1.5 GB of space...wot the fcuk! The folder now has 1000 music files and takes up 8GB ....JOB Done ...well apart from the fact that .500 did not convert ...why I ask...then I look at the converter files and see that 500 approx failed and were not converted because of DRM encoding within them....DIGITAL F'in RIGHTS MANAGEMENT ...to stop illegal copying....strange they copied alright from his old sony to my laptop but were rejected by the converter! Ah well 1000 is better than none.

Anyone know how to convert DRM embedded files let me know.........

Sorry for the semi technical rant to all the technophobes on the site....

Good job I am retired and have the time for such wonderful passtimes eh!

Anyway Wolves away tonight....

If i was in charge of our team I would tell all the fans i am rebuilding from within with the youngsters found and developed by our wonderful youth development set up . So 5 new and 6 of our better oldies who put in a shift. So fans be prepared, we will lose more than we win so get used to it ...but we will be giving our young players real experience of the PL......and just see in a season or two we will be right up there! (or relegated ha ha)

Have a good day, keep well and CALM ...dont let yer blood pressure build up tonite of more likely Sunday.

Last edited:
Morning all . Looks very nice out this morning!
I’m leaving it out as long as possible !

We have been promising ourselves the joy of taking down our lounge lightshades all summer , giving them a wash and getting them dry in the sunshine ..

Well , it hasn’t happened so far….but today is the day .
They are a sort of open mesh design , one each end of the room , and they throw a distinctive shadow onto the ceiling , whenever we turn those lights on .
, which isn’t very often.

We normally use the table lamps in the evening . ……. Hardly ever use the Big Light !

Anyway , because they are an open mesh , my wife thinks they are attracting dust and they have to come down , be put in the bath , be given a damn good swishing , put out in the garden to dry , and put them back up again . …

who knew ?

just hope we don’t do a Del Boy and each work on a different lightshade !!!!

I went up the allotment yesterday , the butternut squash’s are doing well , raspberries are almost finished , cucumbers are still growing , blackberries the same , leaks are getting really big ,
runner beans are ‘going over ‘ … swedes and turnips are doing well , but the best of the lot are the apples ,
it’s been a great year for them , they are just getting ready to be picked and stored .

hundreds of them .

It was a disastrous year for tomatoes, ( blight) ,Cabbages and courgettes , …. We tried a different type of courgette but it was a mistake . Should have stayed with our favourite , shaped like a cucumber. We tried the round ones , and only got about a dozen all summer . Normally I’m picking a courgette about twice a week .
Cabbages got slaughtered by slugs , my fault , I spent too much time doing the bathroom and took my eye off the ball .
The slugs got inside them and had a great time .
A few cabbages turned out to be broccoli, which was interesting , and one cucumber turned out to be a courgette.
But having had that mini tornado in our garden which flipped the greenhouse over , in early Spring, my wife did a fantastic job in sorting out the unbelievable mess .
How she even saved any of them I just don’t know .

Anyhow the second coming of summer has been welcome,……’ they’ used to call it an Indian summer but I don’t think that’s allowed anymore !!

The Harvest Moon last night was incredible , Pompey , Matic , did you see it over the Spinnaker Tower ? Unbelievable …..
a sight for sore eyes .

hope you have a good day , ive been waffling again , take care and look after each other.

Morning all . Looks very nice out this morning!
I’m leaving it out as long as possible !

We have been promising ourselves the joy of taking down our lounge lightshades all summer , giving them a wash and getting them dry in the sunshine ..

Well , it hasn’t happened so far….but today is the day .
They are a sort of open mesh design , one each end of the room , and they throw a distinctive shadow onto the ceiling , whenever we turn those lights on .
, which isn’t very often.

We normally use the table lamps in the evening . ……. Hardly ever use the Big Light !

Anyway , because they are an open mesh , my wife thinks they are attracting dust and they have to come down , be put in the bath , be given a damn good swishing , put out in the garden to dry , and put them back up again . …

who knew ?

just hope we don’t do a Del Boy and each work on a different lightshade !!!!

I went up the allotment yesterday , the butternut squash’s are doing well , raspberries are almost finished , cucumbers are still growing , blackberries the same , leaks are getting really big ,
runner beans are ‘going over ‘ … swedes and turnips are doing well , but the best of the lot are the apples ,
it’s been a great year for them , they are just getting ready to be picked and stored .

hundreds of them .

It was a disastrous year for tomatoes, ( blight) ,Cabbages and courgettes , …. We tried a different type of courgette but it was a mistake . Should have stayed with our favourite , shaped like a cucumber. We tried the round ones , and only got about a dozen all summer . Normally I’m picking a courgette about twice a week .
Cabbages got slaughtered by slugs , my fault , I spent too much time doing the bathroom and took my eye off the ball .
The slugs got inside them and had a great time .
A few cabbages turned out to be broccoli, which was interesting , and one cucumber turned out to be a courgette.
But having had that mini tornado in our garden which flipped the greenhouse over , in early Spring, my wife did a fantastic job in sorting out the unbelievable mess .
How she even saved any of them I just don’t know .

Anyhow the second coming of summer has been welcome,……’ they’ used to call it an Indian summer but I don’t think that’s allowed anymore !!

The Harvest Moon last night was incredible , Pompey , Matic , did you see it over the Spinnaker Tower ? Unbelievable …..
a sight for sore eyes .

hope you have a good day , ive been waffling again , take care and look after each other.

Harvest Moon ...eh not for you Walt...nothin to pick by the sounds of it....a failed Harvest Moon more like! ...it must be CO2 as it is gettin blamed for about everything.....the only ones happy with CO2 are all the plants grasses etc that make our planet green and fertile...APART from your allotment of course!

Morning all been a bit busy recently but the pressires of daily retirment life have eased. Totally pissed at Greavsie leaving us to see this bunch of posers we call our team without him!

Funny eh! CO2 shortage yet apparently the atmosphere is full of the stuff ....and causing all sorts of cvlimate change issues! :balloon::loser:...a load of hot air!

A mate asked me why he can't play half of his songs on his newer dearer Walkman ...I looked at it and apparently whilst they play ok on his old one (but battery is getting iffy now so time for an upgrade.) many refuse to play on the newby. Seems the newby SW (thats software!) does not mind MP3 format but does not like WMA. So found a free bulk converter and wizzed his old sony files into it and got the same number out (good start) loaded them on the newby and gave it back to him. A panic phone call from him.....Greavsie all the music is there and plays but every record cuts short at about 3 minutes of play! Wot the Fcuk!.

So take it all back and uninstall the shite free converter software and look around again. Three converter attemps later BINGO ...all files (1000 of the buggers) converted fully to MP3 format. ...original attempt had the 1500 files but only took 1.5 GB of space...wot the fcuk! The folder now has 1000 music files and takes up 8GB ....JOB Done ...well apart from the fact that .500 did not convert ...why I ask...then I look at the converter files and see that 500 approx failed and were not converted because of DRM encoding within them....DIGITAL F'in RIGHTS MANAGEMENT ...to stop illegal copying....strange they copied alright from his old sony to my laptop but were rejected by the converter! Ah well 1000 is better than none.

Anyone know how to convert DRM embedded files let me know.........

Sorry for the semi technical rant to all the technophobes on the site....

Good job I am retired and have the time for such wonderful passtimes eh!

Anyway Wolves away tonight....

If i was in charge of our team I would tell all the fans i am rebuilding from within with the youngsters found and developed by our wonnderful youth development set up . So 5 new and 6 of our better oldies who put in a shift. So fans be prepared, we will lose more than we win so get used to it ...but we will be giving our young players real experience of the PL......and just see in a season or two we will be right up there! (or relegated ha ha)

Have a good day, keep well and CALM ...dont let yer blood pressure build up tonite of more likely Sunday.
Great seeing you back on here Greavsie, wondered what you were up to .
Glad you are ok .
That malarkey with digital stuff drives me barmy ,, luckily you know what you are doing , I haven’t got a clue .
I had loads and loads of music , bought and paid for from Apple , on my antique series two IPad .
when the thing crashed , and just became a black screen , (my mate got it working again , and I got an old version of YouTube going on it , The new upgraded YouTube won’t download on it ) …., I lost all my records and I haven’t got a clue how to get them back .
Even though they are all paid for .

I’ve still got my even older IPod touch working , so I use that for playing music in the car .
I could make a trip over to Southampton , sorry Pompey ) and go to the Apple store , but that is just a pain , having to make an appointment and then be told that everything I have is ancient and I should buy a new one of everything .
Ipod , iPad , iPhone . . Idon’tknow . Pain in the proverbial .