Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Possibly, he's pragmatic enough to be adaptive

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Pure desperation on our part, not even close to our DNA

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Haven't got a clue, we've been mugged again

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
He doesn't if he continues to have us playing how we are.

Any new manager coming in can stamp their style fairly quickly, he's got another month I reckon. Another half a dozen games of playing boring, negative football creating 1 or 2 chances a game and he's gone, and rightly so.

Jose got more time because he's Jose and to be fair to Jose he started off a lot better than what Nuno has. Style wise.

Tend to agree, he'll get at best a month or so before we will be forced to change - we have fans inside the stadium now and we're not going to take another season of boring negative football.

That said, the first half showed against the chav's we can do it, but when our opposition tactically adjust he has to see it and respond - if we'd singled out Conte for some close 'treatment' when he come on, we may well have kept the momentum, but he didn't and we fell back into the jose way of sitting on the edge of our box..

He has to show more astuteness than that or he will be done for.

Tend to agree, he'll get at best a month or so before we will be forced to change - we have fans inside the stadium now and we're not going to take another season of boring negative football.

That said, the first half showed against the chav's we can do it, but when our opposition tactically adjust he has to see it and respond - if we'd singled out Conte for some close 'treatment' when he come on, we may well have kept the momentum, but he didn't and we fell back into the jose way of sitting on the edge of our box..

Agree, as you say the first half against Chelsea proved he/we can play another way. He's going to have no choice but to change it up or he knows he's gone, you can tell by his recent interviews something has to change.

If both Moura and Bergwijn remain out for any length of time, I fear the goal drought will continue. There is too much pressure on Sonny to do the running and pressing whilst HK does his own thing. Despite their limited end product, both Berg and Lucas offer the pace and energy and are prepared to run at the opposition. one or both were part of the 3 x 1-0's until HK interfered!

So with HK not in the mood and NDombele only available for 60 mins, I think it's gonna be a slog to make progress. In the mean time, the pressure builds up on the midfield and defence. So given the choice, I'd prefer Nuno being tough on the non-performers and give the fringe a start. They can't be any worse.

Ryan Mason it is then.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
If both Moura and Bergwijn remain out for any length of time, I fear the goal drought will continue. There is too much pressure on Sonny to do the running and pressing whilst HK does his own thing. Despite their limited end product, both Berg and Lucas offer the pace and energy and are prepared to run at the opposition. one or both were part of the 3 x 1-0's until HK interfered!

So with HK not in the mood and NDombele only available for 60 mins, I think it's gonna be a slog to make progress. In the mean time, the pressure builds up on the midfield and defence. So given the choice, I'd prefer Nuno being tough on the non-performers and give the fringe a start. They can't be any worse.
The thing is CS, neither Berg nor Lucas had any significant part in the goals in the three 1-0 wins. It was a great individual goal from Son against City, a Reggie/Dele combo that led to the penalty against Wolves and a fluke Son free kick against Watford.

Far more of the PL teams will take Wolves approach to the game and not give Berg and Lucas the space to run at them. They were largely nullified in that game.

I really don't want to see us be a counter attacking team. We have players who can make us play much better than that.

I'd like to see the six of PEH, Ndombele, Dele, Lo Celso, Kane and Son start against Arsenal and for the foreseeable future.

I can see the case for not playing Kane but I'm worried we'll lose more than we gain. Perhaps drop Kane, move Son more centrally and bring in Berg on the left? It would be a fluid formation anyway not zonal. Or even Berg for Dele? I thought Dele was quite poor on the ball last week but his positional play, reading of the game, linking with other players and his work rate partly offset that.

These players will control a game. And we won't be meeting the calibre of Chelsea every week. Against weaker opposition we'll create more chances. We need to find a way of converting the chances though. That's the harder part.

The thing is CS, neither Berg nor Lucas had any significant part in the goals in the three 1-0 wins. It was a great individual goal from Son against City, a Reggie/Dele combo that led to the penalty against Wolves and a fluke Son free kick against Watford.

Far more of the PL teams will take Wolves approach to the game and not give Berg and Lucas the space to run at them. They were largely nullified in that game.

I really don't want to see us be a counter attacking team. We have players who can make us play much better than that.

I'd like to see the six of PEH, Ndombele, Dele, Lo Celso, Kane and Son start against Arsenal and for the foreseeable future.

I can see the case for not playing Kane but I'm worried we'll lose more than we gain. Perhaps drop Kane, move Son more centrally and bring in Berg on the left? It would be a fluid formation anyway not zonal. Or even Berg for Dele? I thought Dele was quite poor on the ball last week but his positional play, reading of the game, linking with other players and his work rate partly offset that.

These players will control a game. And we won't be meeting the calibre of Chelsea every week. Against weaker opposition we'll create more chances. We need to find a way of converting the chances though. That's the harder part.
I was looking at the durability angle with Berg and Lucas and also it gives the opposition defenders something else to think about. We've commented before that Son is easy to mark out of the game and Moura and/or Berg can share the load of pressing up top.

We played well 1st 30 mins v Chelsea but Lo and ND aren't fit for 90 mins and we had little available to energise the team from the bench.

In January TW we didn't address the goal threat nor the creativity. So unless Kane reconfigures his head we'll continue to play a man short and it affects the morale of others.

I was looking at the durability angle with Berg and Lucas and also it gives the opposition defenders something else to think about. We've commented before that Son is easy to mark out of the game and Moura and/or Berg can share the load of pressing up top.

We played well 1st 30 mins v Chelsea but Lo and ND aren't fit for 90 mins and we had little available to energise the team from the bench.

In January TW we didn't address the goal threat nor the creativity. So unless Kane reconfigures his head we'll continue to play a man short and it affects the morale of others.
So we get Lo Celso and Ndombele fit by playing them. Use Moura and Berg as subs. Or Berg instead of Kane.

He doesn't if he continues to have us playing how we are.

Any new manager coming in can stamp their style fairly quickly, he's got another month I reckon. Another half a dozen games of playing boring, negative football creating 1 or 2 chances a game and he's gone, and rightly so.

Jose got more time because he's Jose and to be fair to Jose he started off a lot better than what Nuno has. Style wise.
Who would we get then? Mason was a bad move & what followed was a complete shambles. I believe there's room for improvement but expectations ought to be realistic.

If you've got the talents of Nombele, Dele or Gio and your creativity was compromised because you are constantly doing Kane's work, yes your morale would be down.

However, when you've sprinted past Kane going forward and then run back past him on your way to support the team's defending, then you should be prepared to front him out. When the players start laying into him, things will finally come to a head. That would be more powerful than anything the manager can say and what the press could write about Harry.

The only more powerful thing would be Kane correcting things himself.

I can't believe they would get rid of him so early on in his tenure. He was our fifth choice three months ago. We'll land up with Harry.

Who would we get then? Mason was a bad move & what followed was a complete shambles. I believe there's room for improvement but expectations ought to be realistic.

Anyone who plays a better style of football.

However we play we wont be successful while Levy is here so we might as well make it exciting to watch for us fans.

Ten Hag started the season pretty well with Ajax, a GD of +26 after 6 games with 1 goal conceded as well as a 5-1 away win in the CL against Sporting.

That’s who I’d go all out for.

If you've got the talents of Nombele, Dele or Gio and your creativity was compromised because you are constantly doing Kane's work, yes your morale would be down.

However, when you've sprinted past Kane going forward and then run back past him on your way to support the team's defending, then you should be prepared to front him out. When the players start laying into him, things will finally come to a head. That would be more powerful than anything the manager can say and what the press could write about Harry.

The only more powerful thing would be Kane correcting things himself.
Absolutely Muttley. As was cited suring the game v Chelsea, it was embarrassing seeing Sonny sprint pass an ambling Harry to press their keeper and run back. That'd shatter my morale being put in that situation.

We can only change the current style if the players are willing once they are on the pitch no amount of shouting will improve it… it needs buy in from the team…I noticed how hard the team worked before HK came back in it’s gone backwards since. If we can see so can Nuno…grow some bollocks and sit him on the bench with a pointer earn your place or sit out all season…your move Harry! He did it with Ndom he needs to treat all the same or lose any respect gained…

We can only change the current style if the players are willing once they are on the pitch no amount of shouting will improve it… it needs buy in from the team…I noticed how hard the team worked before HK came back in it’s gone backwards since. If we can see so can Nuno…grow some bollocks and sit him on the bench with a pointer earn your place or sit out all season…your move Harry! He did it with Ndom he needs to treat all the same or lose any respect gained…

THis is dead on. HK is poison at the moment. He'a a Jamie Taart.

I think we're also forgetting dele continues to play woefully. Kane is not alone.

I think we are forgetting how well we played as a unit before Kane came back. Even though we were struggling to score we put in a solid overall effort.

We were at a point where we needed to fix our attack, not defense. Which was almost identical to what happened when Pochettino turned things around.

And then Kane returned.

I think we are forgetting how well we played as a unit before Kane came back. Even though we were struggling to score we put in a solid overall effort.

We were at a point where we needed to fix our attack, not defense. Which was almost identical to what happened when Pochettino turned things around.

And then Kane returned.

I'm not sure I agree entirely.

We played well against city but that could have gone either way. I thought we were poor against Watford and wolves.

I'm not sure I agree entirely.

We played well against city but that could have gone either way. I thought we were poor against Watford and wolves.

Poor because our attack was awful. It still is only now we are playing with 10 men and a shit attitude.