NOTTS FOREST | Page 2 | Vital Football

NOTTS FOREST

Yup, I was there.

Forest did look average, but I've seen them play a few times (highlights) this season, not to mention their league position speaking volumes about their quality.

I think the performances of Williams and Macleod had a lot to do with how average we made them look. Those two in particular were fantastic at pressing and harrying; never gave the Forest players space or time to play their game, and consistently forced mistakes from the Forest players. Add to that that the partnership of Dunkley and Mulgrew seems to be getting stronger, and the clean sheet against a team with some real attacking talent is a credit to them.

Basically, I think we made them look average rather than them being an average side.

I'm a big fan of Morsy but I think by rights he will have to really work to get back into the team, because after the games Williams and Macleod had today, you couldn't justify dropping either of them for the next game.
Fully agree with Williams and Macleod points above, they really drove the team first half especially. We hung on a bit second half but closed out a deserved win despite the bizarre tactical antics of Cook.
Would also agree they should both start at Derby but they won't as the genius that thought keeping Jacobs on for 90 mins along with bringing on Naismith then playing him on the wrong flank were good ideas will select Morsy to start.

Given you often have a paddy about supposed childish nicknames, I wasn’t sure if this was deliberate and yet another example of hypocrisy from yourself. If you’re saying it was just pure illiteracy then i guess we’ll go with that. We’ll put the abusive reply down to a sense of humour failure.

You think that was abusive ????

Fully agree with Williams and Macleod points above, they really drove the team first half especially. We hung on a bit second half but closed out a deserved win despite the bizarre tactical antics of Cook.
Would also agree they should both start at Derby but they won't as the genius that thought keeping Jacobs on for 90 mins along with bringing on Naismith then playing him on the wrong flank were good ideas will select Morsy to start.

I must admit I was surprised that Jacobs was kept on, however we are not privy to the injuries sustained and fitness of other players on the field.

Can we not just accept the three points and bask in some glory for the next few days instead of finding fault with the manager, the opposition, the refs performance, etc. Lets enjoy a win against a team that would have topped the division if they had won today and look forward to hopefully repeating the feat on Wednesday against a Derby side that are now only one point above us.

Is that the same naismith who nearly scored twice while playing on the "wrong" flank and who's excellent cross nearly created a goal but for some fine keeping?

Is that the same naismith who nearly scored twice while playing on the "wrong" flank and who's excellent cross nearly created a goal but for some fine keeping?
It is but did you notice from where he took those shots ? Clue it wasn't on the RHS as he drifted left. As i said he did well when he came on despite being played out of position !

So you'd prefer him to stick to certain area of the pitch instead of trying to find space somewhere else? How many times did N'Zogbia move in field and shoot with his left foot when he played for us?

Given you often have a paddy about supposed childish nicknames, I wasn’t sure if this was deliberate and yet another example of hypocrisy from yourself. If you’re saying it was just pure illiteracy then i guess we’ll go with that. We’ll put the abusive reply down to a sense of humour failure.
There is a huge difference between calling people derogatory names v misspellings.

So you'd prefer him to stick to certain area of the pitch instead of trying to find space somewhere else? How many times did N'Zogbia move in field and shoot with his left foot when he played for us?
In field yes opposite side of the box no.
Though what that has to do with Cooks poor decision to keep Jacobs on and put Naismith on the right I'm not sure.
A comparison between Zog and Naismith is also a big ask.....!

The same Naismith that the Forest assistant manager was over emphasising to his players to keep an eye on when he was coming on.