Not sure what | Vital Football

Not sure what

Mouldybluecheese

Vital Reserves Team
Would have been the refs decision here !! from my view in the Gordon Road Stand it looked to me that Eaves shirt was tugged back but he was outside of the penalty area behind the goal line . Now would that have been given as a penalty and a sending off ?

I have no idea on what the actual rule is, but I think it should have been a free kick on the line. If you can get away with stuff like that off the pitch, then on the rare occasion when a winger takes on a full back and runs off the touchline to get around them, could the defender rugby tackle them and not be penalised?

I did think Eaves was second favourite to get the ball as Peterborough had a defender covering, but that doesn?t make it not a foul.

I found this yesterday, posted it on another thread. By the looks of it, the most the ref could have given would've been a drop ball:

https://www.readingrefs.org.uk/no-penalty-if-a-foul-is-off-the-field...

"If an offence is committed off the field of play, as Alan Pardew suggested happened at Burnley, whilst the ball remains in play, the game when stopped is restarted by a dropped ball where the ball was, when the referee stopped play. Not much of a penalty for the offender but one of those little oddities that referees have to remember"

? If, when the ball is in play:

? a player commits an offence against a match official or an opposing player,
substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official outside the field
of play or

? a substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official commits an
offence against, or interferes with, an opposing player or match official
outside the field of play,

play is restarted with a free kick on the boundary line nearest to where the
offence/interference occurred; a penalty kick is awarded if this is a direct free
kick offence within the offender?s penalty area

I was a penalty and a yellow card!

An obvious goal scoring opportunity was not denied.