Not quite nearly live v Bournemouth | Page 8 | Vital Football

Not quite nearly live v Bournemouth

pants!!! that's points dropped really... doesn't sound like we were up to our recent high standards...

still, a point's a point, and we're still top 6... :shrug:

Beast of Penwith :gimp:

yep dissapointed and i feel points dropped
but bournmouth are a well organised side with a good manager who wont be too far away at the end of the season.

need a rocket up 'em... :yikes:

bring back the terraces, guaranteed atmosphere... :celebrate:

right, I'm off... see ya folks... OTBC

Beast of Penwith :gimp:

For once I can give an actual report on the game extended to my day visit to CR

Met DG Rex Glenn and Rex's son for breaky in the city and had a good feed and great chat. Not only sausages and eggs but also cats and quantum physics and quantum interactions and collaborations!!!! Then off to the regular pub haunt for pre-match drinks with a few more regulars and saunter down to the ground. Great seats in the Jarrold near half way and half way up. The pitch looked brilliant. Both teams out warming up, City in their black strip. City kicked off towards the Barclay. Slow start as usual and frustrating. A couple of forays but the first chance to Bournemouth after a poor city throw in when no city player looked to help Garrido to receive his throw and it went to B who crossed and put wide. Should never have happened, from the throw we should have been on the attack not desperately defending. Teabag was playing well. We were also playing the ref who gave decisions to B but not to us including booking ours and not theirs for similar offences. Redmond was harrassing and on one occasion harrassed the ball on the right wing swept to the back line crossed and Grabban rose to hit the perfect header and send us all delirious. Brilliant goal. Did we learn - no. B attacked and attacked with penetration, usually repelled, some times at the last desparate attempt. City continued to display their prowess and intimate passing with slow forward movement at times. Breaks were on a number of times but were slowed up by City with Wes twisting and turning, losing it, regaining it, more ballet dancing and side passing, by which time B had got back and the counter attack was dead. This happened a number of times. A couple of shots went wide, a free kick turned over, and more intricate prissy passing. Then it all went wrong as B got the ball for the umpteenth time in our half unnecessarily and a stroked cross and plant into the net with the defence nowhere, Ruddy screaming at his defence. Talk about a wet sock - you could feel the drop - and all on half time. B were well worth the spoils at half time. Teabag played really well, 4 bookings not great for one half. Had a couple in front of me look round as they were quiet and I was noisy - stiff!! Second half was much the same as the first half, a couple of forays that came to nothing, a couple of shots, B attacking pressure and harassing our players, City midfield non existent apart from Teabag. Lafferty swopped for Josh raising hopes but that's all, Jerome came on and made his presence known, cross came into the box with only B there to clear - useless. City prissied around more again but no penetration, recoil and back passes. Didnt look like scoring and the last minute B goal threat ever present. Game faded out, City trying but getting nowhere. B deserved their point, City didnt deserve three. On todays showing, for me the juries still out on NA. We have to be far better than this to warrant us to got back up to the Prem. Fire power is still weak except for Grabban who needs a lot more service. Lafferty put in a couple of shots but they were poor strength and straight at the keeper. He has to get better. Crosses were far from enough. The players also were not in tune at times and passes went astray or not where they want / expected them. Marched back to pub, fed and chatted and now home, this sojourn to Norwich and CR complete still with an intact non-losing streak until the next time in a couple of years.

i do think lafferty is being played wrongly but if thats the system being used its hard to know how to counter it,
as you said steve we badly need to up the tempo,the contrast between murphy and redmonds play is quite clear,
redmond tends to slow up play when breaking whereas murphy will use his pace to beat the full back,
i presume vadis will be vying for a place next time out and we could see a different style of play.
glad you had a good day.

Meh we were due a poor performance but at least we still picked up a point against the best side we've played so far

Good to see Redmond getting back some confidence, fantastic cross for the goal

Wes was poor today was surprised he stayed on, as Steve said he took to long on the ball. Josh didn't really do anything when he came on was a little disappointed tbh

It was great to meet Steve, Mrs Steve, DG and his Brother again.

The match was disappointing and a testimony to missed chances.

Bournemouth combined a fine passing game with a harrying style that proved very effective. I did not like their tendency to throw themselves to the ground bugging up any little knock; it interrupted our attacking on more than one occasion.

The way to counter tyke-taka is fast break attacking. It requires seamless defending and speed from all over the field. We have a number of pacey players and the goal evinced that philosophy.

I cannot agree with those who have questioned the performance of some of our players. To me, it was the way we approached the game at times; we were trying to run the clock down towards the end of the first half when they broke away and scored. I have been impressed with the way Johnson, Whitaker, Turner and R Bennet have grown this season.

Were it not for a World class save from Camp, we would have been 2-1 up from Johnson's free kick.

There are few Championship teams who play their passing game well but we have the pace and skills to beat them; we just need to apply ourselves.