Northampton next week | Vital Football

Northampton next week

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
Am thinking of driving to this one. Not been to Sixfields before (went to the County ground a couple of times in the 90s though!) - anybody got any advice re parking.

Thanks in advance.

Best bet is a match day car park (field) which is on the right hand side as you come from the motorway, 5 I think, then a two minute walk to the ground, away end is the first bit you reach

No decent pubs anywhere near, all TGIs and the like - you're better getting a drink and a bite to eat at a boozer on the edge of town or one of the villages nearby and then driving in

Big open grassed area a couple of minutes walk from the ground is used for parking on match days, clearly signposted off the roundabout before the ground, from memory I think it's 3 quid.

Can't stand Sixfields even though it's my closest away day, there's no decent pubs nearby, it's miles from the station and it's a just a very bland away experience.

No Det, i've not heard about these before. Where can I get one?

The usual method for finding empty or unused land is to just drive around looking (sometimes we'll look at an OS map beforehand). We call this, 'site seeing'.

That open area parking is great as its near enugh to walk quickly to the away end and normally a quick getaway. Think I may join you for this one now :)