Nick Chadwick | Vital Football

Nick Chadwick

Stormin' Norman

Vital Squad Member
This guy is doing a terrific job as WAFC youth coach, if i was Cook i would be looking over my shoulder, we keep discussing Cooks replacement on here, with Nick's record with the kids the club should promote from within.

Jackson was at Leyland last night watching the game, no doubt he attends a good few, he should be having a word with the clowns at the top about Chadwick, otherwise it'll only be a matter of time before he's snapped up!

This guy is doing a terrific job as WAFC youth coach, if i was Cook i would be looking over my shoulder, we keep discussing Cooks replacement on here, with Nick's record with the kids the club should promote from within.

Jackson was at Leyland last night watching the game, no doubt he attends a good few, he should be having a word with the clowns at the top about Chadwick, otherwise it'll only be a matter of time before he's snapped up!

You never know how a youth coach will step up to the first team but no question Chadwick is doing a terrific job and if we plan to bring all these kids into the side he knows them better than anyone.

As far as I'm aware, Nick Chadwick doesn't have his UEFA Pro Licence, which as named manager he'd have to attain to be able to be in the technical area as head coach/manager.

I will say this - those players have been doing the business for 2 years and to see just Joe Gelhardt getting 20 minutes if he's lucky is an abomination.

As far as I'm aware, Nick Chadwick doesn't have his UEFA Pro Licence, which as named manager he'd have to attain to be able to be in the technical area as head coach/manager.

I will say this - those players have been doing the business for 2 years and to see just Joe Gelhardt getting 20 minutes if he's lucky is an abomination.
Says more about pro licences if Chadwick doesn't have one but 🤡does !
Then again it's probably a forgery 😉

Watched the game last night on LFCTV. Must say I was impressed by Emeka Obi, who looks a real talent, took his goal well and looked rock solid in defence. Others that impressed were Baningime and Crankshaw who again took their goals well but also looked impressive on the ball.

Overall it was a decent performance whilst under pressure from a talented Liverpool team who dominated possession throughout but were poor in defence against the break.

The first goal came from a corner were Obi was left unmarked five yards out to head home, the second came from good work down the right and when the ball came in Jolley was pressing the centre back who failed to clear leaving Baningime to slam home a move he had started from deep.

The third was an absolute screamer from Crankshaw who ran the ball forward into the Liverpool box and looked to have narrowed his angle too much but unleashed a near post effort that left the keeper clutching at thin air.

As I said, Liverpool, given the talent at their disposal, dominated the play but the young Tic's more than matched them for effort although they rode their luck a little and the Liverpool forwards squandered a couple of excellent chances to even the game up.

A well deserved win for our U23's and another example of the way the Academy is starting to produce the goods.

Well done the players, Nick Chadwick and Gregor Rioch.

Didn’t watch but that Liverpool team was shit. All their decent youngsters have been training with the first team as opposed to playing u23 football. One of those players in particular who may have played was instead in a Swansea hotel preparing to score today against our first team.

Didn’t watch but that Liverpool team was shit. All their decent youngsters have been training with the first team. One of those players in particular who would’ve been played at Leyland was instead in a Swansea preparing to score today against the first team.

You can still only beat the team that is put out against you.

We had Gelhardt out ill as well.

Keep knocking the club if you want but you cant take away the result from the lads that played last night.

You can still only beat the team that is put out against you.

We had Gelhardt out ill as well.

Keep knocking the club if you want but you cant take away the result from the lads that played last night.
Very true, but if people believe the answer to our problems are playing players such as these, two of them out on loan at 6th tier clubs last season (one of them couldn’t even get in the starting lineup at Altrincham), then then these fans are sadly mistaken.

Very true, but if people believe the answer to our problems are playing players such as these, two of them out on loan at 6th tier clubs last season (one of them couldn’t even get in the starting lineup at Altrincham), then then these fans are sadly mistaken.

To be fair though C_Latic, the ones we are playing aren't exactly doing a job for us, are they?
We couldn't do a lot worse than we are at the moment.

I don't think anyone is advocating them replacing first team players at present. They are players of the future. The academy at Liverpool is a grade higher than ours and their team play in a different league, therefore it follows that they are regarded higher than the players that are currently in our academy. To have beaten them is definitely a coup for Nick Chadwick and his players and staff regardless of who they had on the pitch.

If the lads who played the other night continue their development then we might see one or two of them actually making the breakthrough into our first team and adding to the success of getting Gelhardt and Weir into the squad.

I don't think anyone is advocating them replacing first team players at present. They are players of the future. The academy at Liverpool is a grade higher than ours and their team play in a different league, therefore it follows that they are regarded higher than the players that are currently in our academy. To have beaten them is definitely a coup for Nick Chadwick and his players and staff regardless of who they had on the pitch.

If the lads who played the other night continue their development then we might see one or two of them actually making the breakthrough into our first team and adding to the success of getting Gelhardt and Weir into the squad.

Very interested how far Carragher can go, obviously the hype considering his dad, but having that figure and experience from such a young age does help sometimes