Next England Cricket Captain | Vital Football

Next England Cricket Captain

Waste of a survey. It's Root, the best and unfortunately the only candidate. Ben Stokes as his VC I hope.

MaineRoad_96 - 9/2/2017 22:39

I reckon Broad could do it but they will give it to Root and ruin him.

So what do you know about Joe Roots character that you think the captaincy will ruin him?
He's a tough Yorkie and about the only certain starter in the team. We've had enough upper class southern pansies, the game and the establishment is riddled with them,

I'd just like them to leave our best player to get on with being our best player. He plays in all formats and he's still only young. We could burn him out in a couple of years by burdening him with the captaincy.

MaineRoad_96 - 10/2/2017 07:19

I'd just like them to leave our best player to get on with being our best player. He plays in all formats and he's still only young. We could burn him out in a couple of years by burdening him with the captaincy.

Man of steel mate. He will take it in his stride.

From the BBC

Joe Root, Ben Stokes & Stuart Broad have been interviewed for the England Test captaincy.

I suppose Root is the shoe in. Good with media and popular with players and fans alike. However the same could have been said about KP and Freddie. Big job being a captain of a test side. Big say in team selection, decision to bat or bowl first, batting order, bowling order, field placement, tactics on the field and virtually most of the media work.

Each to their own, but for me cricket is soooo boring. Also, any sport that has to stop because of a shower of rain (like tennis) is a bit mamby pamby.

poacherimp - 10/2/2017 10:44

Each to their own, but for me cricket is soooo boring. Also, any sport that has to stop because of a shower of rain (like tennis) is a bit mamby pamby.

Having someone throwing a hard missile at you at 90+ mph isn't mamby pamby even if you have a fair bit of padding on. Trust me, it hurts. A lot.

NottyImp - 10/2/2017 10:49

Having someone throwing a hard missile at you at 90+ mph isn't mamby pamby even if you have a fair bit of padding on. Trust me, it hurts. A lot.

Only 90 mph, AND padding .... I rest my case :wink:

I can't imagine what it must have been like in the 70s facing a West Indian pace attack with no helmet or face grill protection. There's been 3 fatalities in the last 3 years from being hit by the ball. And that's with the current high level of protective equipment !

poacherimp - 10/2/2017 10:56

NottyImp - 10/2/2017 10:49

Only 90 mph, AND padding .... I rest my case :wink:

What game are you playing? :pointy:

Yes I second that. Best of luck to you Joe. Class batsman, takes the odd wicket to. But this will be a really tough test.