New owners | Vital Football

New owners

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Does anyone know when this will happen? Do we get to know who the favourite two or three are going to be? We keep hearing about '59 interested parties' but who's the favourite? When's it going to happen? Is it this season? In the closed season? Next season?

So many questions.....

I think I have read somewhere that the closing date for bids is around the 5th of May, although I am sure that they will be doing some due diligence on any bids received before then. I think the receiver would like new owners in place before the start of the new season.

Interesting that the Travelodge has hgone up for sale - would have thought this was t of the overall package for the club.

Owen Oyston’s Travelodge hotel, next to Blackpool FC’s Bloomfield Road stadium, has been put up for sale.

Property consultancy Lambert Smith Hampton has been instructed to sell off the 124-bedroom hotel in Seasiders Way by joint receivers David Rubin & Partners.

image.jpg
The hotel is let to Travelodge, which still has 14 years remaining on its lease with rent reviews every five years.

Purpose-built in 2008, the hotel was included in a High Court ruling that it should be sold off in order to finally recover Oyston’s multi-million pound debt owed to ex-Blackpool FC Valeri Belokon.

The hotel is let to Travelodge, which still has 14 years remaining on its lease with rent reviews every five years.

Hugh Anderson, director of hotels for Lambert Smith Hampton in Manchester, said it is “seeking offers in excess of £9.68 million”.

He added: “We are currently experiencing strong activity in the hotel sector and anticipate good interest in this asset largely due to the strength of Blackpool’s tourist economy, the hotel’s location within the town and the guaranteed rental income from Travelodge.”

The hotel is still open to customers.

I imagine the receiver has a duty to get the best possible price for the assets and is therefore exploring the option of selling the hotel and the ground both separately and together?