New era | Page 3 | Vital Football

New era

• Thread starter Deleted member 11413
  • Start date
ZAKKY - 13/2/2018 11:15

VitalFootballAdmin - 13/2/2018 10:29

Couldn't some of you take your posts to pm to try to sort out differences? Or agree to disagree and move on?

Life is very short...!

The future of this board is in your hands admin, I have been a member for over 8 years and was driven to distraction by the people who have taken over the site

Zakky, the main reason the boards have deteriorated the past few months is the fact they haven't been overseen properly, they haven't been the same since Barry slung his hook.

The last moderator we had wasn't controlling the board, the only time he/she stepped in was when someone challenged what was going on with a certain poster, whilst letting that certain poster run roughshod over everyone, the board hasn't been the same since last May, hopefully the people dragging the threads down will sit up and take notice of the new admin bloke.......Hope so!

Edit...Zakky the change of heart from admin was his use of common sense and he was prepared to listen, something that has been sadly lacking of late on here, i don't think you know the half of it to be honest!

"hopefully the people dragging the threads down will sit up and take notice of the new admin bloke.......Hope so! "

I find this ironic to say the least

Chaps if I may.

Grip is correct. The previous moderator was a disgrace given their lack of fairness, objectivity and transparency. If you moderate in this way it is little wonder the place ended up how it did. Thankfully it appears we have a new independent sheriff who is endeavouring to restore order to the place. He/she called for an amnesty - i.e. all past indiscretions forgotten and a clean slate for all, with promises to clamp down and take punitive action for future misbehaviour going forward. I think we need to respect that and trust it will happen.

What I think is happening is that posters are letting their unconscious bias affect how they perceive certain posters and they're bringing their prejudices to the surface, thus assessing these posts in a negative fashion. Everyone needs to try harder to put past squabbles aside and treat each post on its merits. Only by getting involved and generating meaningful and interesting debate will the board be restored to past heights. If people don't wish to get involved to help shape the forum then there is little point in moaning about it.

henski - 13/2/2018 06:49

truelatic4eva - 10/2/2018 09:49

I'll be at the game mate so will post later on what I thought of the game :clap:

So amid growing claims of non attendance and my long standing claims of non contribution to this board, you present yourself with a glorious opportunity to clear your name, so to speak.

"we were shit" was the best you could come up with?

Whilst that might not prove the non attendance claim, it most certainly helps with my own claim, doesn't it?

Good job I didn't get my hopes up eh.

No need to be so confrontational Henski. The guy went to the game and was obviously disappointed. He gave his thoughts on the game in a single sentence because of his disappointment, why push it?